Recommended height, weight

5'7" 155 lbs. and the Busa fits fine and weight isn't an issue. If you're afraid of the weight be thankful you weren't born 20 years earlier. Finding anything 500cc or larger that weighed less than a Busa would not have been an easy task.

Busa has about the lowest seat height compared to most of the other modern sport bikes I've been on but even at that I couldn't flat foot it with both feet. After 2½ years of riding, this summer I decided to drop the rear 2" and the front 1". Only regret was not doing it the day after I bought the bike. It now feels like a toy, I can flat foot it with room to spare. Backing out of unlevel and/or inclined parking spaces or making tight turns in a gravel parking lot is no longer an issue. Stock height was fine but now it feels custom fitted to me.

Best part was that it cost me less than a $100 total for the polished billet front end spacers, rear lowering dog bones and used kickstand off ebay (to modify for more lean). If I sell, it can be put back to stock in about an hour.

One of the nice things about the Busa is the huge aftermarket that allows you customize it any way you want and at a reasonable price.

Hey everyone,

I appreciate the comments. You were all very helpful. That pretty much gives me some peace of mind. Just shelled out almost 10 grand for an 07 600 with gear after TTT.

I was hesitant to get a big bike, after not riding for 10 years, but next time for sure, it will be a Hayabusa.

I heard that the body style is going to change from some guy at Biketoberfest at the Suzuki camp, but I am sure you guys know way more about this than I do.

Thanks!
beerchug.gif

6' 235lbs. I would like to get a tobin seat to see if it would put me more center in the bike.

good luck with the bike, FWIW I am 5'6" and 160lbs Rode it fine at stock height and dropped it and added a tobin and flat foot it easily.

Should have made this a poll. One column for height and one for weight.

Anyway, 69" and 169lbs, the Busa loves it, and so do I. Hell my wife, 65" and 120lbs can sit on it, t-t'ing, but she can muster backing it up and rolling it foward and she don't even know how to ride.....yet!

600, 245, no problems. The shop owner brought it around for me. 504, 115. Buy it you won't regret it.
super.gif

If it is comfortable and it is the bike you want and you can handle the size then my friend you are the recommended size. Congratulations
jump9.gif

Seriously though I have seen females ride the "busa so you can handle it if you want to and you just respect it.

6' 5" and 100kgs (220lbs for us non metric folk!
tounge.gif
), kitted up. 95kgs in birthday suit, which I'm sure you didn't want to know about, or even think about!!
rock.gif
tounge.gif

cool.gif

tounge.gif

Your question is like asking, " Is Pedrosa too small to ride a Honda MotoGp bike well"  
wow.gif
! As we said, "Size
rock.gif
it no matter if you use your head"
laugh.gif

Really, the bike isn't the major factor, it's your right wrist and your experience. Any bike can bite you, that's where experence comes in as to throttle control and reactions. You'll probably just LOVE  
SHOCKED.gif
the bike and after a couple of 1000 miles, and wonder what all the fuss was about  
super.gif

Back