Rear wheel assembly

Monty

Registered
Hey all, am walking out the door to get my new rear meat mounted and had a question about reassembling the wheel.

Do you guys grease the rear axle or any of the collars the go on the brake disc or sprocket drum? When I pulled them apart the collars seemed like they had just a touch of grease while the rear axle did not.

Thanks,
Monty

My axle was totally free of grease, so I applied a liberal amount before re-installation. It made putting it back in easier if nothing else.

Mine never had any grease on it either, but I put some on like Mr. Brown to make it easier sliding it in.

Just remember...Always use lube. Makes the job faster and easier
biggrin.gif

Thanks fellas, gonna grease her up too....can't hurt. Cush drive looks good, a lot better than I thought it would...pretty much zero damage after 4500 miles.

Welp, gonna go git er done...

Thanks,
Monty

mine is starting to show some wear with the big hp i'm running... might need to look into a new one.

OK, finished her up this afternoon and I gotta say that sucked!!! Jimmying that rear wheel into place, getting the chain on, brake caliper up and axle through was a laugh a minute...next time will be easier of course but I was bummin there for a bit.

Did the string thing for alignment and have her all set up. Have a question for you string usin' folks....once you have the strings straight and the dowel in place, how much space is between the string and the edges of the rear tire? Once I was aligned I literally had maybe one string width, if that, from the string to each edge of the tire...sound right? Used mason's line by the way....

Monty

mine is starting to show some wear with the big hp i'm running... might need to look into a new one.
I'm gonna order a set of the cush drives off Ron Ayers in the next couple days, just to have them on hand. It would suck to get the wheel off to do a tire and find them shredded....not that expensive and it'll be good to have the peace of mind knowing that I have them on hand.

Back