New Bearings... What type of grease

jokerjoed

Registered
So, replacing my tires, figured after close to 30,000 miles, it was time to change brake pads and wheel bearings as well. So, I just took apart my rear wheel and removed the existing bearings. I've worked on cars most of my life, but this is the first time doing the Busa wheel bearing myself.

I assume I use regular bearing grease to pack the bearings, but what about the axle? I noticed when I removed the rear axle, there was some type of lubricant all over it, what should I use? Should I just use bearing grease for everything or should I use something else?

Sorry if this is stupid question...???

On a similar note, while I have everything apart, I'm changing to SS brake cables, what is the proper brake fluid?

Thanks

Suziki recommends using their own grease (of course).
I just put a thin coat of the same grease on the axle.
I think it stops it from corroding is all.

DOT 4 for all the fluids (clutch, front and rear brakes)

Standard bearing grease on the axle, aids in installation and keeps it from corroding. If the bearings aren't sealed, same type of grease in them. Pack 'em by hand, roll them around to work the grease in. Be careful of the seals to not score or gouge them.

sorry to thread jack here I'm reading up on everything i can find as my busa was in a flood and I'm changing out the bearings just as a safety thing plus they were going out to begin with but is their any set specs they have to be in or just press them in sorry if this is a dumb question i'd rather ask something stupid then do it wrong and crash or something any info would be great thanks all

Back