Rear Tire on 08

Bo_

Registered
Has anyone burnt thru their rear tire? My is getting pretty worn. 12 burn-outs at the drag strip and when I am on the street it is spinning a lot.  
firedevil.gif

Has anyone burnt thru their rear tire? My is getting pretty worn. 12 burn-outs at the drag strip and when I am on the street it is spinning a lot.
firedevil.gif
Not "burnt thru", but I punted these greasy Bridgestones a couple weekends ago. I'll save them for use next summer when it's hot-n-dry, but right now in the PacNorWest winter, they are just about dangerous.

Slapped a pair of Michelin Pilot Powers on the wheels.... OEM Bridgstones are now stashed in the garage:

bridgestonegrease.jpg

I'm, still running mine..Gonna keep em a while.. We went 9.49 @ 149 with a 210 pound old man rider... 60' is about 1.60 so far..:) still more to go..:)

I'll get about another 2K out of my stock tires before replacement.

Hey Warchild, just sell me those Bridgestone BTO15's! I much prefer the 15's over PP's any day of the week
thumb_up.gif

Now Charlie, you know Michelin's are good tires!

For starting bond fires!
tounge.gif

Wore my BT's out in 1700 miles..(All the way to the cords). No burn outs, just regular riding and some 20-30 mph roll-ons against the other bikes I ride with.

Went with the Pilot Power 2's and bumped the size up from a 50 to a 55 in the rear. What a great change for cornering. The 55's are alot peakier and let you lean over farther without getting to the edge of the tire. They feel way more stable than the BT's and aren't even broken in good yet (put about 80 miles on them)..

Just how cold is too cold for the stock tires (there must be a thread on the tires)? 32? 40? 45? Call me an old fart but I prefer to ride when the temp is above my age (and that limits my time in the northeast). I'd be curious to know how the Michelin's wear (not under hard abuse as again I'm an old man) over time.

Just how cold is too cold for the stock tires (there must be a thread on the tires)? 32? 40? 45? Call me an old fart but I prefer to ride when the temp is above my age (and that limits my time in the northeast). I'd be curious to know how the Michelin's wear (not under hard abuse as again I'm an old man) over time.
Oh dude, I'm with you on that! If the temp does not exceed my age, I'm very reluctant to open the garage door!

As far as how cold is to cold? Each tire has it's own optimum temperature for peak performance, especially grip. I see lots of comments degrading the stock BTO15 Bridgestones in favor of someones favorite tire. And we all seem to have a favorite tire? Mine happens to be the Dunlop Qualifier, but they are all good, even the "I'll throw your ass on the pavement if you push me PP's"
fight.gif
All the major brand performance tires allow you to use all the tires surface out to the bitter edge as long as you have your bikes suspension set properly and you don't do anything with the throttle or brakes to upset the tires grip (Provided your tire is at it's proper operating temperature).

Although there are some who trash the OEM BTO15's, I have found them to be exceptionally good tires, well mannered as well as good grip and happily give you plenty of those welcomed warning signs when they are about to give up traction. I have never spanked the busa shod with 15's. The GSXR1000 also comes with 15's and although I much prefer Pirelli Slicks for track use, I've found the 15's to be very track friendly and last about the same as the Qualifier.

Keep in mind, no tire performs near the end of it's life as well as it did at the beginning!

+1 on the OEM BT's. They're actually pretty nice, imo. Of course, I haven't ridden them in sub-freezing temps but its quite chilly in the mornings here in GA and we've had a little rain as well so the roads aren't exactly bone dry. Once I'm done with this set of BT's I'll probably go with some Conti Road Attacks. I have them on my FZ and love them. They seem to do really well on wet surfaces. Though, I have done some quick searching for Attacks on the Busa and have seen a few people give them the thumb down
sad.gif
Anyone here actually tried the road attacks on a Busa?
lurk.gif

I always used pirelli dragon corsa untill i tried the bridgestones they may wear out between 2000 and 3000 but the feed back is unreal and grip in cold wet or hot conditions. Ill not opt for any other brand for a while.

Back