3000 Miles and my BT015's toast

MetalDisorder

Registered
Well that didnt last long :-)
3k on the tires and the rear is showing coords?
NO i do not do burn outs .. I do like to test the G's every chance I get but ... whew
Anyone else wipe the rear that fast without drag racing??
I am thinking about going to Metzler M3's thoughts?

they last longer but get greasy... the key is to lay off the right wrist so often.. every compromise for mileage is going to turn in to a compromise for traction..

I was wondering if that twisty thing on the right had anything to do with it
whistling.gif

LOL

You buy the most powerful production bike the world has seen and wonder about tyre wear?

Horses for courses?

LOL

Jza

Frying a tire that fast just means you're riding the bike the way it was meant to be ridden!
beerchug.gif

i'm just under 6K miles and am only now starting to think about a new tire... I should be able to hold out until the 8K service... after all, I've only had the bike 4 months.

I don't think the new tire tech is quite able to keep up with the bikes. I'm going to try the avon storms on my 14 which just went through a rear BT-014 in about 2000 miles (Not impressed with the 014's grip or wear  
sad.gif
 ). If the storms work good they're going on the busa as well. I don't drag race, NEVER do burnouts, and do my share of cruising.....although I do have a heavy wrist  
winkold.gif

laugh.gif
 I'm hoping I can find a 5-6k mile tire that I can still have fun on. Don't need maximum corner grip, but straightline hook-up and decent mileage is a must. I'll let you guys know how the storms do  
winkold.gif

winkold.gif

I found the 15 to be a pretty darn good performance tire. But like all performance tires, they don't last all that long. I see Bridgestone is coming out with a BTO16. I think we will probably see the 16 come stock on many high performance bikes in the near future.

If you want decent mileage and still have some grip available for playing with your buddies on a warm Sunday afternoon, you may want to look at the BTO21? I have not been on them but see a number of guys speak highly of them.

Just don't expect a general sport/touring tire to perform like a high performance tire? Your busa, especially the 08 will spin any touring tire at will. Throttle control is the key to keeping the plastic in one piece
beerchug.gif

Back