rear sprocket change ???

turtlezx

Registered
gen 1 busa stock sprockets
If the chain gets to the end of the adjust range how many teeth larger on the rear
sprocket can be used and retain stock chain length (now streched) ???

You can easily go two up one down and retain stock length. If your chain is stretched that much I would replace at the same time.

I would replace all 3 as a set. They should all wear together IMO.
Putting a new rear sprog on with a worn chain,not something I would do.
If yer just looking to save a buck,and don't care about much else...cut a link or 2 outa the chain to take up the slack,and buy a new master link.
Not something I would do...but meh.
When worn chains "let go" they can go right thru the motor,etc.
Rubb.

Depends on how much it's stretched. Duh.
How many marbles are in a jar?

chain replace.png

Count the links and make sure you have the correct number. If ya do and that adjuster is that far out I would measure the chain stretch. Worn chain failure is no joke.

chain wear.png

Rubb.

Why on earth are you riding with the chain worn that much? New chain and sprockets so much cheaper than new engine cases or your hospital bill if it throws you off when it lets go....

Why on earth are you riding with the chain worn that much? New chain and sprockets so much cheaper than new engine cases or your hospital bill if it throws you off when it lets go....

yes sooooooooooooooooo right.

if the chain is really so long
the sprocket teeth sholud look like shark´s teeth

but how was the sentence?
yes.
"let´s save money no matter what it may cost." :rofl:

thought this was a easy ?? to answer all these responses and NO 1 answered the ??
just wander off the topic and keep going really ??
wasnt asking what would you do
i figured it out thanx for the help NOT

thought this was a easy ?? to answer all these responses and NO 1 answered the ??
just wander off the topic and keep going really ??
wasnt asking what would you do
i figured it out thanx for the help NOT
If it's so easy to answer, why haven't you figured it out smart guy?
Try not being an a$$hole and you'll probably get more help. Not from me, my giveadamn about your issue vacated the premises back at post 3, but there are kinder souls than me here who will still probably help you.
Good luck.

If it's so easy to answer, why haven't you figured it out smart guy?
Try not being an a$$hole and you'll probably get more help. Not from me, my giveadamn about your issue vacated the premises back at post 3, but there are kinder souls than me here who will still probably help you.
Good luck.
Funny how he never measured his chain. Seems that was a bridge too far :) For all we know he did find the answer. The chain gave way lol.

Back