Rear raising links...

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
need help people....

Taking advice from some of the board members, I ordered myself a set of links to raise the rear suspension of the Busa. I came across on the boards that I helps with the handling... so I ordered mine from Scnitz Racing.

Now is its here and I wanna know how do I go about Installing it? Is it too difficult... How much time will it take? Anyone busa brother who has had it installed can share a picture of the installation with me
rock.gif

Thanks in advance for all the help
bowdown.gif

I think its just as strait foward as installing lowering links. Its about a 30-45 min job if youve nvr done it before. What most people do is put the bike on a rear stand and put a jack under the steering nuckle then jack it up to take the pressure off teh spring and get the stock links undone...there are directions on brocks site i think
blush.gif

if you have a floor jack it will be a peice of cake,take off the bellypan,and mounting bracket,lossen up the 17mm nuts on the links,put a 2 by 6 under the kickstand,put the floor jack under the right belly pan mount,this is a lug coming off the frame that the floor jack will capture,raise it up enough to take the load off the bolts and remove them,put the new links on,top bolt with nut,then raise the floorjack until the bottom bolt lines up,put it through and install the nut,lower it slightly and tighten up the bolts,lower the jack,install the bellypan mount and bellypan,good luck

I took off the rear belly pan and used the bracket that holds the pan to put the jack under. You'll need a front stand also or someone to support the bike. Jack the bike off the rear stand about 1 inch. Remove the 17 mm nuts (one from each side-one bolt goes in from the left and one from the right). Don't try to turn the 15mm bolt head...it won't turn when tight. If you stick your knee under the rear wheel, or have someone lift up on the wheel slightly, it takes the weight of the wheel & tire off the links, and you can push the bolts out and change your links. Installation is reverse. I have the torque specas at home, I think it was 65 ft/lbs for the nuts. I think you'll love the feel...I sure do
smile.gif

EDIT: Chevelle was quick on the draw, and I will now die
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|Red05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111423522 -->

Thanks for all the instructions guys...
bowdown.gif
I'm thinking of getting it done tomorrow! I'll let you folks know how it turned out
smile.gif

Im trying to change my links but im having the hardest time. I have bike on a rear stand and a jack under the knuckle. The bolts just wont turn. I dont have an air gun and im trying to use a rachet and wrench. any suggestions

Im trying to change my links but im having the hardest time. I have bike on a rear stand and a jack under the knuckle. The bolts just wont turn. I dont have an air gun and im trying to use a rachet and wrench. any suggestions
Just loosen the nuts not the bolts. With the bike on a rear stand, remove the nuts and have someone raise the bike with a floor jack to take the weight off the bolts. Once you remove the bolts, you have to raise the bike about another 1/2 inch to install the new links. Then reinstall everything in the reverse order.

Back