Rear raising links...

shenoyp

Hayabusa Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
I need help people....

Taking advice from some of the board members, I ordered myself a set of links to raise the rear suspension of the Busa. I came across on the boards that I helps with the handling... so I ordered mine from Scnitz Racing.

Now is its here and I wanna know how do I go about Installing it? Is it too difficult... How much time will it take? Anyone busa brother who has had it installed can share a picture of the installation with me
rock.gif

Thanks in advance for all the help
bowdown.gif

They should be just like installing the lowering dogbones.

....Now is the funny part GMbusa, I dont know how to install the lowering dogbones either
laugh.gif

Pull off the "belly wing", and you will see the links. You will have to support the rear of the bike, and be able to raise/lower to line the holes up for the new links (carefully of course). I was able to basically hang mine by using the grab bar, but you can probably improvise with a carefully placed jack under the engine. I found it neccessary to remove the left exhaust can and midpipe for removal of the top link bolt. Actual swapping of the links is a basic take two bolts out, line up the holes, put two bolts back in kinda' thing.

After all is said and done, readjust the chain and you should be good to go. Makes quite a difference, I have been enjoying mine.

Sorry Shenoyp, i thought you lowered your bike. My bad.

Shenoyp, I did the lift bones and to me it didn't make that much of a difference to me. I think if i were to of move the fork tubes up a 1/4 inch it might of helped more.

<!--EDIT|GMbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111510709 -->

bronc... this might be a lame question, but nevertheless i'm asking... - why should the chain be re adjusted
rock.gif

The geometry changes when you lower or raise the bike.....the chain could become too loose or too tight and should be checked for the proper adjustment.

The geometry changes when you lower or raise the bike.....the chain could become too loose or too tight and should be checked for the proper adjustment.
Yep, he is correct. Mine was WAY to loose to even think about riding after raising the rear. Adjusted normally and it has been fine for several hundred mile now. Dropping the front should give the same result, but with the loss of a small amount of ground clearance. IMHO the links are very easy to change. I will probably leave 'em on for the summer (spending a bit of it in the mountains enjoying the twisties), and when I have to settle back in to flat,straight Florida, I may put the stock links back on for the really high speed straight stuff. However, I have had the bike topped out a few times with the new links with no stability issues. I just feel for long rides I prefer the stock posture.

Just got back from a little night ride that reminded me- you will have to adjust your headlight as well. Still not a big deal. Easiest for me was to aim the bike at a wall or garage door from 15-20 feet away before changing anything. Mark where the headlight hits, make your suspension changes and place the bike back at the same distance as before. Adjust the headlight to the mark you made previously and you're good to go! The adjustment screws are shown in your owners manual and with a little patience can be adjusted with your fingers, despite the phillips head screws.

Got it noted bronc... will take care of it, when I'm getting it installed tomorrow
biggrin.gif

Thanks for all the insights
bowdown.gif

shenoyp,

I finally got some time on my bike last night with the raising links. It makes a noticable difference in steering. My bike turns much quicker. I cant wait to get back to some real twisties.....

Kevin

Bronc,

In the short ride home, maybe 10 miles or so, I was able to hit the Blue Ridge Parkway and one of my fav roads on the way home. Much quicker steering. I will be changing some of my setting and see if I can make the bike better in the corners.

I am happy with the change. I know the bike will work better at places like the Gap than it did before.

I thought it gave my bike the illusion of being a bit lighter when turning in. Obviously it's just an illusion, but still a nice feeling. Looking forward to trying them out up your way. I had no complaints with the bike before, but seems like it will be a bit more fun where the roads aren't straight.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112063922 -->

I got mine installed.... thank you guys for all the tech support
bowdown.gif

I just love the handling
biggrin.gif

Back