Lowering links

Pinball

Registered
I recieved my lowering links in the mail and now im ready to install them. I have never installed something like this before can someone post some pics and instructions on how to do this. They are the Muzzy 3 hole type. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

Might not be the best method, but here is how I did mine.
I put the bike on the rear stand, removed the belly wing.
I put a floor jack underneath the bike and jacked it up some.
I then broke the two bolts loose that holds the factory dog bones on. I played witht the jack raising and lowering it untill the bolts were free enough to remove by hand.
After I removed the original dog bones I raised the bike slowly using the jack until I could get the bolts to go through with no problems. Tighten the bolts up and let the floor jack off slowly. Put eveything back together, and enjoy.

Best place to jack the bike for me was where the belly wing bolts on towards the back of the bike; the brackett.
Be gentle with the floor jack though, don't want to lift the bike out of the stands and tip it over.

I did the same as Pipefighter, but I also slightly suspended the tail of the Busa from the grab rail to the ceiling. This took some of the tension off of the rear. I placed a small sissors jack under the rear tire while it was up on the stand. raising and lowering the jack allowed me to pull the bolts out easily and re-install them. I have a pic of the links installed, but none during the process. It also helps to have a friend around to run and get you something to drink, uh, I mean to help hold the bike. :-)

Postal.

Llink2.jpg

Thanks for the info guys. Mr Brown. Im in Richmond area. I 70 right on the Ohio line. If ya commin thru sometime gimme a hollor.

Back