SV650 rear links

Red05

Donating Member
Registered
I had the local dealer order me a set of SV650 rear suspension links, with the intention of raising the rear end to quicken the steering. I had heard through the "grapevine" that this would do the trick. In the process of installing them, I realized that these links, about an inch longer than the stock Busa links, would lower the rear rather than raise it. Proceed with caution...

I used SV links sent to me from a member on this site unless he was wrong about the bike that they came off of. I did raise the rear a good bit. 1+.

double check them might have the wrong ones
rock.gif

To some degree. It created more problems though. Shortened wheel base made the bike more wheelie prone when exiting turns. The stock steering damper was totally inadequate (sp). Also depending on your weight you will have the get better springs in the front shocks. Just a couple of things that went on my list.

It did turn in better and tracked really well. Just to much money to get it where I wanted it so I sold her and went to a track bike. Best of luck! Let me know if I could be of help in the future.

Marc

To some degree.  It created more problems though.  Shortened wheel base made the bike more wheelie prone when exiting turns.  The stock steering damper was totally inadequate (sp).  Also depending on your weight you will have the get better springs in the front shocks.  Just a couple of things that went on my list.

It did turn in better and tracked really well.  Just to much money to get it where I wanted it so I sold her and went to a track bike.  Best of luck!  Let me know if I could be of help in the future.

Marc
Thank you, sir.
beerchug.gif

Back