Need lowering link help, she is torn apart

twotonevert

Member of P.E.A.
Donating Member
Registered
I am trying to raise my rear back to stock height. I have aftermarket links that has 3 holes in the lower link. I understand the upper most, or shorter length will raise the bike. However, here is my problem. The link is hitting the braket that holds the belly wing and the aluminum sub frame that the belly wing is bolted to. So, what do I do now, I dont have time to get original links. Do I A) Put it back like I found it? B) Grind the end of the link about a quarter so it does not contact the bracket?
In making what I have work, I am not sure that a contact with the link will be a good deal. It looks as if this part of the suspension has a pivot point and I dont want anything to bind. Help so I can get Sally back together!
banghead.gif

I can grind them, but I dont want to ruin a nice set of links, and I dont want my suspension binding.

Always is. Even the adjustable links will not allow me to raise the bike to where I wanted it. The bolt and aluminum mount stop it several turns from fully shut. I think I still have a 1" drop. I was down almost 3"

Grind 'em down. You should be able to heep the center hole and the top hole so you can go back down one if you want to drop her again.

Oh and by the way,, all i can also add is SOUPY'S links rock! Sorry!

I dont have the stock links. I just put her back like I found it, lowered 1 inch. I was just wanting to get it up for this weekends ride in Arkansas. Thanks for the help guys!
cool.gif

Back