Rear Footrest Delete

HomicidalOctopus

Registered
The rear footrest has a body mount location on it. Does anyone make or intend to make a "delete block" to remove the footrest but retain the mounting hole?
Im considering making one of these from scratch for a cleaner look. Something like the red outline. Just a block off with a hanger. Thoughts?

If I had a Gen3 I'd just cut the RH footpeg off, file it smooth and paint the muffler hanger black. Grind out the honeycomb reinforcement in the back of the stock muffler hanger to lighten it if it will not be used to hand a heavy stock muffler. I don't think you will get anything a lot lighter than that unless someone makes a carbon fiber muffler hanger. If you want to plug the fairing hole on one or both sides, there's an artists clay called Sculpy. I'd recommend the firmest compound they offer for this sort of project. You could use Sculpy to form a piece that will fit inside the hole in the fairings. Fashion a lip around the circumference to adhere to the inside of the fairing. Bake it in the oven to harden it, sand it, paint it and glue it in with silicone. If you need some kind of hole for a bracket to protrude from, you'd just shape the Sculpy as needed before baking. I was planning to do something like this for my Gen2 someday.

I’m looking at something similar but you only need the back part. The front piece does nothing for attaching to the fairing. Once I remove the tail I’ve have a closer look if the rear is even needed.

C49CB381-BF98-4A0E-9118-B8C6C8A2B981.jpeg

On my Gen2 I just lopped off the unused one and had them both powdercoated satin black. I will do the same since it also gives you a good time to get a few other items like the front pegs, shifter, rear brake, etc. done in satin black

Cant you just take them off, buy a few washers to make up the gap then put bolts back in? seems easy to me?
I don’t believe the bolts and washers attach to anything once the peg is removed so no need to put them back in. The only issue is one clip on the front corner of each side. If that’s not needed, then it’s just more weight removed. :thumbsup:

If I had a Gen3 I'd just cut the RH footpeg off, file it smooth and paint the muffler hanger black. Grind out the honeycomb reinforcement in the back of the stock muffler hanger to lighten it if it will not be used to hand a heavy stock muffler. I don't think you will get anything a lot lighter than that unless someone makes a carbon fiber muffler hanger. If you want to plug the fairing hole on one or both sides, there's an artists clay called Sculpy. I'd recommend the firmest compound they offer for this sort of project. You could use Sculpy to form a piece that will fit inside the hole in the fairings. Fashion a lip around the circumference to adhere to the inside of the fairing. Bake it in the oven to harden it, sand it, paint it and glue it in with silicone. If you need some kind of hole for a bracket to protrude from, you'd just shape the Sculpy as needed before baking. I was planning to do something like this for my Gen2 someday.
Everything on my G3 came black

I was looking at all that last night, they did a great job. Wondered about the white and silver models

Cant you just take them off, buy a few washers to make up the gap then put bolts back in? seems easy to me?
Yeah, but that elongated hole is a mount for some part of the tail fairing at the left in his picture is a mount for the tail fairing I guess. I didn't quite get what he was after but now I see, he wants to take off the whole footpeg assembly but he feels he needs the mounting hole for the fairing. I guess I'd be planning to make a block just like he is. You'd want to use both boltholes the footpeg assy fasten to so that fairing mount remains stable. It wouldn't be too hard to do. Just beware that DIY fairing mounting hardware might cause cracks in the fairings and they won't happen for a long time. Make it fit just like OEM.

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but has anyone come around to making a block for the rear footrest delete mod ?

Sorry to bring this back from the dead but has anyone come around to making a block for the rear footrest delete mod ?
I ended up leaving them empty to see if it has any issues. None to report after a few thousand miles. I know thats not what you asked but wanted to provide what insight I have.

If you don't like the look of bolts after you remove the passenger peg mounts, check a local hardware store for plastic allen-bolt/socket head inserts.
Same thing as the factory 4 chrome caps on Gen2 upper triple clamp cover, which can also be had in black.
I don't know how these caps are sized, for simplicity of ordering online, but they are inexpensive, and available in several outer diameters that fit the same socket cap.
These do not have to be pushed into bolt heads either, they push into the threads in the subframe just as well, if not better, as you can thread them in.

Hello,
I just got my first Busa, a 2025 Gen3. I am looking for a tail tidy that uses the OEM license plate light to avoid messing with the wires and connections. Any sugestions?

Back