Where to put my plate

Chromed-n-Stretched

Donating Member
Registered
So i have a dual exhaust system and extention blocks on my swingarm. My questions is where should i put my license plate? Does anyone have a pic. or idea of how i can mount the plate? Swingarm tag mounts dont work with extention blocks, and the exhaust blocks the tag #'s if i mount the tag off the peg bracket/exhaust hanger hole.
rock.gif

Anyone have an idea that would look good as well? I dont want a jerry rigged tag, which is what i have now.

the only place I can think is under the tail light...this way, you won't pulled over or anything...
rock.gif

PICT0554__Small_.JPG

i try the under tail idea but when my girl got on with me the tag rubbed bad. The back of mine is lowered just enough so that my girlfriend can ride with me without rubbing the tire on the undertail.

I see people with blocks and swingarm mounts all the time....why doesn't yours work?
rock.gif

they work with extended swingarms but not with the blocks, from what i was told by numerous shops. something to do with the axle/chain adjustment parts that dont let it mount up.

I have been debating welding a swingarm mount to the rear of my swingarm extentions. anyone know if this would hurt anything or become a problem in the future besides not being able to take it off?

I mean, if you don't mind puttin it under the tail...then just bend the plate out more so, it will allow to tire clearance and the aerodynamics...
biggrin.gif
(it doesn't have to be 90 degree with the ground)

Pigs around here cite you for that. found that out the hard way.
guns.gif
pig

and mine would have to be bent pretty far to clear my tire with my girl sitting back there. can you stiffen the rear shock to make the bike not sag so much when someone is on the back??

ok..so perhaps this is a silly question, but did you try placing the bracket on the outside of the block?

well, you can adjust the rear spring stiffen em up...need flat and long(big too) screw drivers and hammer will do the adjust the ring right above the spring...(theres two ring, locked up on it, and you have to unlock the locking ring first...)
Hold on... I just think of something else...
all_coholic.gif

(BusaCruise @ Apr. 09 2007,00:37) ok..so perhaps this is a silly question, but did you try placing the bracket on the outside of the block?
outside inside neither will work. the hole in the tag bracket just doent work with what i have. i guess im SOL, and gonna have to weld something up to make it work.. thanks for all the input though. i think im gonna hold off for a little though and see if something comes up.

you need one that does not replace the adjustment blocks...
one like this....and make it the last piece on before the axle nut.
50_2006_STREET_AND_RACE_FAIRINGS_022.jpg

Back