Rear brake?

If they made it that strong...some idiot would kill himself. It works
well enough...maybe you should check into some different riding
and braking techniques ???

Thanks for the advice. Was riding bikes around Europe in the early sixties so I'M probably not experienced like you. Guess it works for you.
Well I would have to put Rich on the upper 2% group of guys with riding skills.. I have seen him ride... I would probably take his advice and run with it for a moment before getting too offended.. I sure can not keep up with him (I might ride like an old lady myself but she can do ok) Bikes have changed in 40 years too... (actually a lot)

I have purposely tried to lock up the rear going in a straight line @ about 30mph. Mine does not lock up. I'm going to back bleed it tonight and see if there's some air in there. I replaced the pads w/ebc ceramic. I use my front for 95% of my braking, but it does seem that the rear could be a little better.
Lay into the fronts (say 75%) and try it.. I can promise the tire is going to want to come around on you.. IF you want a brake that is more than you need, go to the EBC HH Extreme pad.. lots more grab at lower pressures.. (not a good pad for a guy without good braking skills for sure)

As most "good" riders can tell you, it is pretty much possible to lift the rear tire clean off the ground in a panic stop.. the last thing you need to have happen is that tire with zero weight on the tarmac to lock up and try to come around front where all the action is...

I would have liked to have a better brake and leave the modulation up to me. You couldn't slide the rear tire with both feet.

Aside from the usage debate, simply upgrade.

Goto a braided line with a wave rotor and you'll feel the difference. Then go pads. Call me when you're ready.

displayimage.php

Same thing went on the K1200R. Braided + Wave.
displayimage.php

Back