rear brake pads

tat2busa

Registered
i am doing some work on my 2004 busa and i see i need new brake pads any info on what brand is good and should i use ceramic or sintered pads? thank any one for the help

The stock pads are sufficient. I was told the reason rear pads wear faster is because many riders drag the rear brake to control the bike during slow manouvering. For that I am also guilty.

imo......i never liked any EBC products. i've tried them on my quad, busa, zx-10, and they just don't have the holding power and wear out way to fast. i use the Galfer sintered HH brake pad. it may be extreme, and Galfer said the GG brake pads work great for the street. the main diff between the two is the HH bite quicker and harder, but neither of them have alot of brake fade. and believe it or not, if you shop around a bit, you can usually find a really good deal on them

I only use stock pads in the rear (don't use it much anyway). Don't want anything with a lot of bite which could lock up the rear.

hey i use ebc regulars in the back and hh in the fornt save some money stock ones will prabably be ok for the rear

I use the EBC HH all the way around I replaced my rear brake pads over a year ago and they still look almost brand new I try and never use the rear brake but that is just me :thumbsup:

The stock pads are HH. Any replacement must be HH or greatly reduced braking will be the result. Not saying any of ya'll have done that, it's just good to know.

cheers
ken

Back