changed the rear brake pads...

birdaprey

Registered
what do you all think happened?

I had the rear wheel off waiting on my new tire to come in, so I checked my rear brake pads while I was at it.  they needed changed so I pushed on the old pads to get the pistons back in... then I changed out the old pads and put the new ones on, pumped the brakes a few times and called it quits for the day. after I got the tire back on I went for a test ride; later that day I saw brake fluid leaking down from the top of the  master cylinder line that connects to the part behind the heal gard/foot peg?

could I have pushed fluid back in to the master cylinder some how and caused it to  leak out the end of the hose where the pinch clamp is??
                                              thanks guys...

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086747245 -->

bump.gif

thanks Johnny...  (did I mess any thing up ) or is this normal when you don't loosen the bleeder valve to release pressure?

could any more leak out due to this happening? or has the worse already occurred.

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086747754 -->

what happensis that the diaphram takes up the space when the fluid drops and if you don't retract it the fluid goes out the breather. you still should have brakes but you will need to take the cap off and fix the diaphram

well it has not leaked in a couple of days now... so that is what must of happened...    I took the cover off and refitted the diaphragm...
                thanks  for the info Johnny
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|birdaprey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086830145 -->

Back