Rear Brake Pads?

BowDown

Registered
Well my rear brake has sucked from day one. I would imagine if I looked back to my first few posts it would say the same thing. I don't know how you guys could lock up the rear brake, mine doesn't even slow me down.

Well I had my mechanic guy look at it while he was doing my front tire, and NYS Inspection. He said the pad is glazed. That I must of been riding on it. Hmm.. wonder if I was resting my foot on it when I first got the bike. Maybe.. my old bike had floor boards.
whistling.gif

Anyway, can I just replace the rear pads and be done with it.. or does the rotor need some TLC? I don't use the rear much at all.. I do all my braking with the front (essp considering the rear doesn't work worth the crap). But when I really need to slow down I go through the motions of pressing the rear brake along with the front. Would be nice for it to work.

Ceramic pad? Thoughts?

How about Ceramic on the front too?

I have about 8k on the bike now.. wonder how much is left on the fronts?

If there is plenty of pad left, remove them & score them. I just rub mine on the concrete & sand the rotor face a little. As far as not working well, how was the fluid level, poss air in the line.

You may be better off leaving the rear brake in it's weakened condition. Lots of debate on use of the rear brake. Persnally, I never use the rear brake unless I'm sitting at a red light.

I would simply replace the rear pads and clean the rotor with brakekleen. I'm sure your problem will be solved. I'd recommend not installing agressive pads on the rear.

I'm just going to go with an organic pad set for the rear. I would rather not scrub them on concrete. If I get a little nub of crap on the pad it's going to scratch the heck out of my disc.

Ya, bleeding the rear system should be done. At least for piece of mind.

Back