Front/rear brake pads

speed750

Registered
Just wondering how to change the pads. Can I just unbolt the caliper from the forks and pop out the old pads? Or do I have to seperate the caliper halfs?

just unboltthem and pop the pads out there are a couple pins that need to be removet to sepperate pads from the caliper , but its pretty straight foward

Yes , Unbolt caliper push fliud back into master cylinder, You know the rest if you,ve ever done disc brakes on a car. P.S. Dont forget to pump up handle or pedal before riding.

Make sure you pay attention when taking the rear apart. Haven't changed my fronts yet. I think they'll be easier than the rear.

You'll need a can of brake clean to clean the inside of the calipers thoroughly while you have the pads out. Be sure to clean in and around the pistons well. If you have a front stand, clean the rotors before mounting your calipers back onto the bike. Brake clean and a rag works great.

Remember, cleanliness is next to godliness when it comes to mechanical work!

Straight forward process. If you are replacing pads I can highly recommend EBC "HH". While you're at it, the HEL stainless lines complete the brake job.
Nick

Back