Front brake noise- loose pad

My OEM's made the click.  Sprayed them with brake cleaner, the same crap I cleaned my chicken strip with, and the click went away...
will give it a go plus bending the anti rattle plate slightly then a bit more glue ,might be on a winner,
thumb_up.gif

Ok,I might have the solution.
The problem is that the aftermarkt of not original pads are maybe slight smaller then the stock ones.
So to solve the problem wihtout damaging or endagering yourselve of your bike I came with a solution.
You just have to find a thin piece of metal and put it ni between on the lower part.
Be sure that the piece of metal is long enough to hold both of the pads up.
You don't have to worry about the piece of metal falling cause it will be held by the disc itself on the innerside and with the padcover on the outerside.
Hopefully this will "solve" the noise issue.
Thanks for reading and ride safe.

Greetings

I haven't had a problem so to speak, brakes still work fine, just a little annoying.
Quits when you apply the brake, but starts ticking again as soon as you let off.

Here is something to check! The clicking sounds exactly like loose rivits. I have had this problem on more than one wheel. The rivits I am referring to is the floating rivits that attach the steel disc itself to the aluminum inner frame.

Take each disc one at a time and try to rotate it back and forth as if you are trying to spin the wheel. There should be no movement at all. If there is movement, that is where the clicking sound is coming from.

I suspect this is where the clicking sound originates!

I see this is an old thread but may give someone in the future with this problem another idea.

Dang!

Calipers should be cleaned during a pad replacement! They don't need to be disassembled! Just cleaned!

Back