removing/installing rear brake pads?

SignalChimp

Registered
Hey guy's i need new pads on the rear anyone know of a link or picture thread on it? I am afraid to try it looks like some pins and springs could go flyin out pretty easy.The front is no problem but a little unsure on the rear.Thanks.

kf

nay... its not that bad...
biggrin.gif

The biggest issue I had was that I had to remove the rear caliper completely because the piston was seized... Took some elbow grease to get her loose...

if you haven't downloaded the owner's manual yet for the hayabusa, I suggest you download your own copy and use this as reference... ask any questions you are then unsure about....

CLoud

I just changed mine about a week ago, but didn't take any pictures. Just pay attention to how the pins and clips are installed and put them back the same way. It's not too bad at all.

I have a friend who changes mine... he is a mechanic, so i dont worry about it
tounge.gif

Can't overemphasize the pay attention to how they are installed before removal. The pins can be a little tricky when you put them back, if you don't. Still not too bad.

I did mine a few weeks ago. It was pretty simple, but had to go through the learning curve. Also, I keep a polaroid camera around to take before pictures for a lot of stuff that I work on.

If in doubt take your digital camera out to the bike and snap a few pics for later reference! I do this for ALL new procedures as added free insurance. just a little help from your old Uncle Moose!!
cool.gif

Back