Rear brake pads

GSXTacy

Mr. January
Donating Member
Registered
So Im slowing down earlier today and hear a grinding noise from the rear brakes.....not good. I pull of the cover and check the pads, they are totally gone. Check the front, only about half gone. Every other bike I have had has gone throught the front way faster than the rear. I use my front brake WAY more than the rear. Anyway, I have to pull the old pads out with pliers and am having trouble getting the new ones back in. What do I need to do to push the plunger back into the caliper (Im assuming this is the problem). Do I need to open the bleeder valve or is there another secret? Thanks in advance, I know the guys here will know the trick! LOL

Open the bleeder valve and push. Had the same problem when I put some EBC pads on mine. Worked like a champ.

I use channel locks with the old pads in place with out opening the bleeder valve.

I had the same problem too, replaced them and adjusted the brake better. The rear must have been off from day one.
I just went over 20,000 and the front is still good.

Had to open the bleeder after taking the caliper all the way off. Everything works like a charm now with the new EBC's. Thanks for the help.

take the lid off of the reservoir and then you don't need to open the bleeder.

use a pair of channel lock pliers with the old pads in and squeeze away making sure you don't overflow the reservoir.

Back