Really Stupid Question

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
...I removed the side rear reflectors a while ago. However, I'm having a hell of a time removing the reflector brackets. It seems as though there's some type of locking nut inside the rear compartment the bracket screw goes into that for the life of me I can't seem to get loose. Any comments/suggestions besides the obvious fact that I must have a low IQ would be appreciated.....

check the owners manual
smile.gif

just kidding.. i remember having a very hard time with mine too. i think i actually had to take something off.. like a plastic so i could grab the nut from the inside (does that make sense)

would be a lot easier if they just shipped it without those
smile.gif

smile.gif

check the owners manual
smile.gif

just kidding.. i remember having a very hard time with mine too. i think i actually had to take something off.. like a plastic so i could grab the nut from the inside (does that make sense)

would be a lot easier if they just shipped it without those
smile.gif
Please, what did you have to take off??

smile.gif

remove the tail section( the rear painted plastics)....you should know how to do this anyways.
mad.gif

it just part of ownership....know how your baby werx!
wink.gif

the brackets are attached to the undertail and you will see them after the plastic is off.

found this using search. "removing and reflectors"

seems like everyone had problems..

hope it helps
smile.gif

Looks like I'll be taking the tail section off tomorrow night....thanks all for your responses!
smile.gif

dont break those plastic fasteners...the small black ones. Push in the center of it,about an eighth of an inch in,then they pop out easy and are re usable. the rest is easy.

I just kept pulling down on my braket and they came off
yup....so now...when you hear a funny little noise comming outa the tail section on bumpy roads....

don't come here cryin' for answers...hehehehe

it'll be those 2 little 10mm nuts that now reside in yer tail section....

hope they don't fall out and get stuck in yer chain....

sleep tight....
firedevil.gif
hehehehehe hahaha

RSD.

yup....so now...when you hear a funny little noise comming outa the tail section on bumpy roads....

sleep tight....
firedevil.gif
hehehehehe hahaha

RSD.
Gotta love ya Rubbah, always the voice of hope
smile.gif

Pop the tailsection off, they are phillips screws, and to reuse those plastic pins, pull the male side out anout 1/8", insert the entire pin assembly into the hole, and push the pin home. ( Flush)

I have that problem also, that is unable to unscrew the phillips without striping the heads. BUT  
idea.gif
today I got the service manual (kinda pricieeeeee ) so next week the rear comes off. I sure don't want those screw heads to rattle around in a NEW BUSA making it sound like some HICK RATTLE TRAP BIKE  
tounge.gif

I just pulled on the bracket as i unscrewed themand the nuts fell into the tail then i kept slappin the bottom of the tail with my hand and both nuts ended up coming out through a small opening

Like busaboy says pullin the tails no big deal so you can go that route to if ya want

Just take the tail section off dude. I can have the tail off in about 3 minutes. There is nothing to it bro.
+1 Just take your time and it is easy there are just a bolt and fastners that you have to remove. It is nice to know how you bike is put together and the best way to learn is hands on. Again TAKE YOUR TIME the first time.

I have that problem also, that is unable to unscrew the phillips without striping the heads. BUT  
idea.gif
today I got the service manual (kinda pricieeeeee ) so next week the rear comes off. I sure don't want those screw heads to rattle around in a NEW BUSA making it sound like some HICK RATTLE TRAP BIKE  
tounge.gif
you should have got the manual from here...free.

O well....next time.

sleep tight....
firedevil.gif
   hehehehehe hahaha

RSD.
Gotta love ya Rubbah, always the voice of hope
smile.gif
I do like to have fun,don't I...
firedevil.gif

firedevil.gif

I finally got those suckers off.  Removing the rear compartment did the trick!  Every thing was easy after that!  I kinda wish I had some extra rivets to plug up the holes left from removing the rear reflector brackets...oh well, no big deal.  Thanks for all your responses.  Btw, took her out for a nice ride today.....here she is....

Web_Bike_at_Coffee_Shop.jpg

Back