newbie 'busa owner

(dadofthree @ Aug. 20 2007,05:00)
post-52-02136-welcome.gif

newbie.gif
enjoy and be safe. I just pulled down on the rear reflectors as I removed them and the nuts disappeared during riding. However it is very easy to remove the tailsection  
beerchug.gif
+1

those nuts from the reflectors can be gotten with a telescopic magnet thing;they roll to the front of the tail section.and
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
now where are the pics? you heard 'em that's the
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif

pics forthcoming.

Right now it is in close quarters with the 'rex between the garage door and the pool table.  

Weather is supposed to open up maybe on Wednesday, then I can get some nice pics.

Also, should be receiving tankslapper protection kit, any comments on those?

Blue1

(VaBusa @ Aug. 20 2007,09:05) Actually, if you're careful about where you park your bike and how you park it, you shouldn't have any issues with it falling over. Several members have done a modification to the kickstand to allow for the bike to lean over a bit more, and it's especially helpful if you lower the bike. My Busa has been lowered 2 inches in the front and 2 in the rear and I have never done the kickstand mod, no issues, I'm just careful when I park the bike...

Cheap mods include getting those reflectors off
poke.gif
and on my '03 I never had to remove body work to do it, put screens in the fairings, cut the mudflap off of the back of the bike...by the time you get all of the ideas from the gang here, you'll need a 2nd job
smile.gif

Welcome to the oRg!!! Post up pics when you can and congrats on the bike!
beerchug.gif
January and February are the worst months. I guess it's based on tax refunds. Group buys everywhere
ices_rofl.gif

Also, what is the hot tip on frame sliders? All this frickin' plastic makes me nervous.

All that happens when a 'rex falls over is the hand grip end gets a little scuffed.
laugh.gif

It seems like the sidestand holds the bike fine, but I've yet to be out on it for a significant length of time. I'm going to seriously consider the sidestand mod.

Blue1

(Blue1 @ Aug. 20 2007,23:31) pics forthcoming.

Right now it is in close quarters with the 'rex between the garage door and the pool table.

Weather is supposed to open up maybe on Wednesday, then I can get some nice pics.

Also, should be receiving tankslapper protection kit, any comments on those?

Blue1
This bike comes with what ya really need. The damper has saved me before.

HID mod is a good one. If you ride at night you'll see what I mean.

Rarely ride at night.

stlbusarider: have you ever ridden a slightly modded up ZRX1200? Mine is only down about 10% in torque and is lighter by about 25 lbs over the stock 'busa, with wide bars, quick geometry (Works Performance shocks are sprung a little stiffer and are a little longer eye-to-eye), SS brake lines, premium pads and what appears to be the same calipers as the 'busa has.

On tight and twisty 35 mph to 80 mph roads, I think you might be surprised what the 'rex can do.

Blue1

welcome to the boards. there's a ton on mods for your baby. that's what makes this bike great.
beerchug.gif

If you need a factory shop manual you can get most of the info you need right here:

The only thing it doesn't have is the supplement for your model year, but damn near everything is the same.

Back