newbie 'busa owner

Blue1

Registered
Hey,

I just picked up an '07 red 'busa for about $9400 out the door. Is this a good deal or do I just think it's a good deal?
laugh.gif

Anyway, my background with liter plus bikes in the past is an '83 GSll00E I had for 17 years and an '01 ZRX 1200 Kaw, bought new and still owned. The ZRX website is absolutely first rate, and the limited exposure to this site has been positive, unlike some of the Ford Mustang sites I check out once in a while ('03 GT, 3.73 rear, suspension work, subframe connectors, shifter).

So far, I've just removed the stickers, removed the front reflectors, drilled out the rivets of the brake line clip bracket and replaced with SS hardware with captive nuts (epoxied to the inside of the fender) to make front fender removal less stressful.

I started to remove the rear reflectors and quickly discovered that the machine screws mate with a nut that is not accessible without removing bodywork. How difficult is the other end of this screw to access?

Sheesh, lot of stuff to learn, I need to get a factory manual. What's availability on those? Any good deals out there, maybe on DVD?

THanks,
Blue1

It rained today
sad.gif

This morning I was dying to ride it, but the weather looked iffy so I took the 'rex. Met up with two guys (one other regular guessed the weather right and bagged it) and I just came back home when it started raining.

I have it all cleaned and waxed, want to take pics but the weather didn't cooperate, right now it is next to the 'rex in the garage. It is supposed to rain here for the rest of the week, and I'm going on vacation the week after. Damn thing has one mile on it, but it might sit until after vacation.

Blue1
If I get an hour or two, I will take some quality pics.

Welcomes over

You will get plenty of mod opinions,....... Tobin seat.......Fairing screens.......etc.etc.etc
Manual info look in maintenance do it yourself category of the forum and its the first pinned subject "permanent shop manual" this is a gold mine of info......
super.gif
super.gif

super.gif

Welcome Blue1

IMO here's a no brainer... move the idle adjustment screw to the outside of the fairing with hardware from a 99/2000 model.

(Blue1 @ Aug. 19 2007,19:07) Hey,

I just picked up an '07 red 'busa for about $9400 out the door. Is this a good deal or do I just think it's a good deal?
laugh.gif

Anyway, my background with liter plus bikes in the past is an '83 GSll00E I had for 17 years and an '01 ZRX 1200 Kaw, bought new and still owned. The ZRX website is absolutely first rate, and the limited exposure to this site has been positive, unlike some of the Ford Mustang sites I check out once in a while ('03 GT, 3.73 rear, suspension work, subframe connectors, shifter).

So far, I've just removed the stickers, removed the front reflectors, drilled out the rivets of the brake line clip bracket and replaced with SS hardware with captive nuts (epoxied to the inside of the fender) to make front fender removal less stressful.

I started to remove the rear reflectors and quickly discovered that the machine screws mate with a nut that is not accessible without removing bodywork. How difficult is the other end of this screw to access?

Sheesh, lot of stuff to learn, I need to get a factory manual. What's availability on those? Any good deals out there, maybe on DVD?

THanks,
Blue1
hella good deal on the bike .igot mine about two months ago love it & dig the site .

PS welcome
beerchug.gif
newbie.gif

(fsusux @ Aug. 19 2007,19:41) You people are slipping....

DO THE SIDESTAND MOD !!!

And welcome to the .oRg!
Give me a break, the REMOVE THE LIGHT REFLECTOR mod is the easiest
laugh.gif

"OH" Yeah,  
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
to the Site  
jump9.gif

post-52-02136-welcome.gif
newbie.gif
enjoy and be safe. I just pulled down on the rear reflectors as I removed them and the nuts disappeared during riding. However it is very easy to remove the tailsection
beerchug.gif

Actually, if you're careful about where you park your bike and how you park it, you shouldn't have any issues with it falling over. Several members have done a modification to the kickstand to allow for the bike to lean over a bit more, and it's especially helpful if you lower the bike. My Busa has been lowered 2 inches in the front and 2 in the rear and I have never done the kickstand mod, no issues, I'm just careful when I park the bike...

Cheap mods include getting those reflectors off
poke.gif
and on my '03 I never had to remove body work to do it, put screens in the fairings, cut the mudflap off of the back of the bike...by the time you get all of the ideas from the gang here, you'll need a 2nd job
smile.gif

Welcome to the oRg!!! Post up pics when you can and congrats on the bike!
beerchug.gif

The stand mod is simply notching the sidestand so that it throws a little farther forward . It's needed because Busas have a bad habit of 'mysteriously' falling off of their sidestands for no apparent reason.

Welcome!

I WOULD do the kickstand mod... why cry when it tips, if it could have been prevented with a 5 minute job?

You can also cut down that mud flap. Change out the blinkers with short staulks...change the grips, Hump mod, storage mod...oh, it's just goes on and on.

Here's a link for the kickstand mod.
[

Back