Really Happy With The Busa

Sannosuke

Registered
And feeling like a million bucks/on top of the world when on her but man, if there's one bike that makes me envious it's this one;

Seen one the other day and thought to myself "Hmm, maybe for my 45th!?". I'm 38 so gives me some time to justify it to the wife! :whistle:

DUC.jpg

That is a hot bike! 1198R even better!!

But there is NOTHING on WHEELS that beats the RC211V:

112_1024_Hondawallpaper_Rc211v3zoom+2003_Honda_Rc211V+Full_Right_Side_View.jpg

112_1024_Hondawallpaper_Rc211v1zoom+2003_Honda_Rc211V+Full_Right_Side_Rear_View.jpg

My god......words...useless...

Nice indeed, but not the (I'm guessing) $35/45G+ price.

The RC211V... very nice but it does nothing for me in the way the 1098 does.

That is a hot bike! 1198R even better!!

But there is NOTHING on WHEELS that beats the RC211V:

the honda is nice!!!! like any other factory racebike....but i dont think it compares...the 1098 is an exotic piece of italian engineering

Last edited:
The 1098 is nice...but I wouldn't want to ride long distances on it.

If I had to choose between that or the Honda, I'd take the Honda.

ughhhhhh....they are pretty much both race bikes with similar riding positions...in fact the honda's rearsets by spec are higher...so it would be WORST....long ditances...who's talking about that...id choose none and get on a GOLDWING

Guys, that's a RC211V.

Its weighs close to 140Kg, and makes roughly 240bhp, and you'd rather take the duke ??

ughhhhhh....they are pretty much both race bikes with similar riding positions...in fact the honda's rearsets by spec are higher...so it would be WORST....long ditances...who's talking about that...id choose none and get on a GOLDWING

I didn't mean that I'd prefer the Honda for long distances; I meant I prefer it overall.

I think thats what makes the Hayabusa so unique is that IMO its not set up like a race bike like all the other sportbikes out there.. Its really the best of both worlds.. Sport and Touring.. :thumbsup:

Sure, the numbers are very impressive and it's got that great racer look but, how about the practicality of it only being a track bike?

I never actually Googled to see if it's available in a street version but I imagine it'd be worth way more then what the average (hence being me) guy is willing to spend to ride 3/4 months of the year up here.

Nah, for all intent purposes I'll take the 1098...

Guys, that's a RC211V.

Its weighs close to 140Kg, and makes roughly 240bhp, and you'd rather take the duke ??

I've done one track day around them and the Duc's sound like they have blown a rod bearing at idle with that clutch they have. They are art to look at, but I could never get around their sound.

I've done one track day around them and the Duc's sound like they have blown a rod bearing at idle with that clutch they have. They are art to look at, but I could never get around their sound.

Yeah, that dry clutch sounds like my old Scat-tracker.
But I'd love to give them both the once around!

Boy, an opinion thread on the Org.!! Whadda you know, I'm surprised it's not 4 pages deep by now! :laugh:

A 999 Duc has always been one of my favorite bikes of all time. 1098/1198 is right up there. And that unmistakable dry-clutch and v-twin sound....awesome!!!!

The only issue with Duc's are, they are torture on wheels. I think for most mortals, anything north of a 200 mile day, on any Duc superbike, is just too much.

Try to keep the Busa for the long days, get the Duc to throw it around in the canyons and track. Your back and ass will thank you for it.

Back