Rcc-velocity-hahn

if the welds arent to a good penetration or contaminant in the welds
stress is a big cause of all the headers to be prone to cracking
inconel or Ti would be best recommended for a header to not be as prone to cracking due to the stresses and Heat they are put through from the weight and heat but the cost wouldnt be worth it IMHO

but like i said previously its just my preference to use the mild steel for cost

Last edited:
I have been using a Velocity Stage 1 turbo on the track and the street since 2007 with no issues. I have had no cracked headers or cracked anything. It took me 6 hours to install having never touched a turbo or motorcycle engine before. (Plenty of car engines)

The only thing I highly recommend with any turbo you choose is that once you get it put on, take the bike to a dyno and have a fuel MAP made for it.

If you want to see longer life from your headers and stop the bolts from becoming loose as often,.........or never,........then create a support bracket from the turbo to the engine. Bike turbo headers are very short and rigid. They will eventually crack somewhere. Auto manufacturers always use a support bracket. Not so much for support,........but more to reduce vibration. I'm very suprised to see that the bike turbo builders are not using this simple fix for their systems. Either way,..........it's an easy task for anyone. :thumbsup:
Joe I did exactly what your talking about here and my header bolts are still tight...knock on wood.

Hahn's support is rude and they seem to have a small time window of operation. My header has 6 cracks that I had to weld. The creamic coating must be cleaned off to get a good weld. Hahn leaves the sharp edges in the header unwelded due to a lack of penetration. I weld X-ray grade stainless and carbon pipe for a living, and I will tell you that any weld with a bad root (inside) pass will crack eventually no matter how thick the metal is. The heating and rapid cooling mixed with vibration is hard on headers. I have seen steam pipe with 9 inch wall thickness crack because of a lack of fusion on the root pass.
If you want to race go RCC or Velocity, they have more tuners on the track. I have not seen a hahn kit on an AMA bike in 8 years. Every shop I called in FL preferred RCC or VR kits over Hahn and Mr turbo kits. My tuner said that Hahn Jr. just wants to sell a kit and does not care what happens after the sell, but Hahn Sr. was alot better at backing his products and supporting customers.

Joe
I am putting a Hahn turbo on my bike now. I bought it used one with a cracked header. I purge welded it back together. What did you bolt you support to? I am still in the construction phase, so now would be a good time for me to make a support bracket.
Steve

I wouldn't say a handfull of people that haven't had troubles with Hahn makes their turbo kit a "reliable" kit.

there a reliable kit if you dont let joe hahn from orient express work on it they lifteb a ring on my busa on there dyno and gave it back to me just good advice (STAY AWAY FROM ORIENT EXPRESS) :moon:

Only one I know about is RCC. More RCC bike out on the street than anything else. You best manufactured turbo kit state side. You can always get Richard on the phone, he always backs up his products and he knows his stuff. I challenge you to find a thread stating RCC sucks and anything Richard ever produces does not do what it says it will do

x2 :thumbsup:

First choice, RCC, have no experiance with Hahn but would choose it over Velocity, had issues some time back def would not recamend, support seemed to be lacking, and when you catch a dealer like that lieing, I WOULD NEVER EVER TRUST anything they said

Back