Rcc-velocity-hahn

BusaHANG

Registered
Ok Fellow turbo guru's of the ORG, I want to know which one of these 3 are the MOST reliable, best for just street riding, basically I just want a stage-1 and also i would like to know why you chose the one you did and not the other 2. I see that these 3 are probably the most popular ones. I just want more info on all 3 of these products. Thanks everyone.

sorry but the Hahn should be excluded and replaced with Big CC :thumbsup:

With any turbo system it's going to come down to how well it was tunned. Ask whatever company you get the turbo from who you should go to to have it tunned. If they don't know someone in your area then try the next turbo company.

With any turbo system it's going to come down to how well it was tunned. Ask whatever company you get the turbo from who you should go to to have it tunned. If they don't know someone in your area then try the next turbo company.

Hahn shouldn't be ruled out
NHGunnut has like 30k troublefree miles on his

Only one I know about is RCC. More RCC bike out on the street than anything else. You best manufactured turbo kit state side. You can always get Richard on the phone, he always backs up his products and he knows his stuff. I challenge you to find a thread stating RCC sucks and anything Richard ever produces does not do what it says it will do

I wouldn't say a handfull of people that haven't had troubles with Hahn makes their turbo kit a "reliable" kit.

cant you make polls on this forum? i see alot of open questions around here that deserve to be polls

Yes you can but then they are voted on by that boards turbo group which usually swings 1 one.

Velocity- for the track because thats where all of them are
RCC -street/track/LSR
HAHN- who knows heard some do good then other half are ****ty

Not to rule bigCC out but if your trying to street ride and enjoy a turbo system its kinda you own fault if you don't buy RCC.

The only guys I know of that have had problems with their Hahn stuff is when they start leaning on them harder then they are made for,
or do not dyno tune them
the two people I personally know have had 0 troubles with thier kits

FWIW
I mixed and matched parts to get my turbo system together. If I could do it again I would have just ordered a RCC
but mine has also been in 3-4 different incarnations

Hahaha ya, well hell i wasn't sure if it was just junk or maybe because people just didnt like it.

Only one I know about is RCC. More RCC bike out on the street than anything else. You best manufactured turbo kit state side. You can always get Richard on the phone, he always backs up his products and he knows his stuff. I challenge you to find a thread stating RCC sucks and anything Richard ever produces does not do what it says it will do

Well for sure i have been looking and talking to Rich, and more then likely i might be pickin his stage-1, but my point of asking was, is there another turbo out there that is better just for streets and reliablity. Price is not a problem with me, you pay for what you get. I just wanted opinions from people who have dealt with the 3 i asked.

i had a hahn for a few years without issues....BUT RCC has better parts, better support, easier to upgrade, etc etc etc

When Hahn and MXCpress and Mr Turbo were all that was around they were a good stage 1 kit, they still are decent, but there are better bang for the buck kits with better support out there (RCC HINT HINT HINT)

i had a hahn for a few years without issues....BUT RCC has better parts, better support, easier to upgrade, etc etc etc

When Hahn and MXCpress and Mr Turbo were all that was around they were a good stage 1 kit, they still are decent, but there are better bang for the buck kits with better support out there (RCC HINT HINT HINT)

Ya thats what i figured, How long it take you to install your RCC stage-1? Do you have a shop? Also do you do the whole ecu flashing?

stage 1 kit is usually a newbie weekend project

no shop here, just my garage and pole barn for my own stuff

yep i build ecu flashing hardware here, i dont dyno tune bikes here or anything, i spend most o my time soldering widgets lol

I did RCC stage 1. I also had the ecu tweaked for a couple of changes. Just remember the map that Richard sends out to you is based on a stock ECU. So when you go changing dwell and ignition it makes his map not as good as he intended it.

I was lookin at doing a turbo last year, couldnt get myself to pull the trigger(Cost). But had i gotten one, it would have been an RCC. I researched the best i could, and RCC come in #1. Hahn seems to have issues from time to time, Velocity seems fine, but RCC seemed to be the best. Again, i dont have a turbo, but if i did RCC it would be.:2cents:

I bought a used Hahn stage 1 with a few upgrades. It seems the Hahn tech guys are going out of thier way to help me. Thats a pluss for Hahn. If I could have bought new, I might have went with RCC. I hear so much good about Richards kits, it makes ya think! Pluss he is on this forum so answers are easy to get......

RCC, Velocity and Hahn are all good kits, but remember that you get what you pay for . . . RCC uses stainless steel piping throughout, and has some of the best header pipes you can buy - that is why he warranties the entire kit for two years. Also, even on his Stage One kit, he uses a Tial 38mm external dual-port wastegate, a big plus. Hahn's "log-style" plenum is the subject of many a debate and once you get past that, the biggest weakness with the Hahn is the mild-steel head pipe, which can develop cracks over a period of time. Every one I ever encountered has been replaced free of charge within the first year and they are not unaware of the problem. That is why we offer a stainless-steel replacement for the Hahn that happens to be manufactured for POWERHOUSE by RCC.

For the price, Hahn makes a great Stage One kit. It spools quickly and makes power. If you have a little more $$ to spend, I would recommend that you go with RCC. Bottom line is that regardless of what you have, you get it tuned properly!!:rulez8bn:

ive seen many stainless steel headers that have cracked
sorry to tell you but if a mild steel header is made correct it wont crack
people in the car industry have been making big power and loads of time on mild steel headers for years with no issues
the down side to a mild steel header is they arent as resistant to corrosion as SS
but a good ceramic coating will help with that
being i am a tool maker and have studied metallurgy its known in the metal working industry that stainless steel doesnt handle heat cycles as well as mild steel does
but its a personal reference of mine to make mine out of mild (and make them correctly)

ive seen many stainless steel headers that have cracked
sorry to tell you but if a mild steel header is made correct it wont crack
people in the car industry have been making big power and loads of time on mild steel headers for years with no issues
the down side to a mild steel header is they arent as resistant to corrosion as SS
but a good ceramic coating will help with that
being i am a tool maker and have studied metallurgy its known in the metal working industry that stainless steel doesnt handle heat cycles as well as mild steel does
but its a personal reference of mine to make mine out of mild (and make them correctly)

You are right - I have seen stainless headers crack as well. I didn't mean to imply that mild steel was the problem - sorry if I wasn't clear - what I meant to say is that we have seen many Hahn headers crack. They are probably not being made correctly . . . I would defer to someone with your background as to why:bowdown:

If you want to see longer life from your headers and stop the bolts from becoming loose as often,.........or never,........then create a support bracket from the turbo to the engine. Bike turbo headers are very short and rigid. They will eventually crack somewhere. Auto manufacturers always use a support bracket. Not so much for support,........but more to reduce vibration. I'm very suprised to see that the bike turbo builders are not using this simple fix for their systems. Either way,..........it's an easy task for anyone. :thumbsup:

Back