RCC Stage 1 Turbo With 240 wheel

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Just thought i would post up this setup made 233hp and 133tq in a 1500 ft above sea level. 12.7-12.5 a/f

Stock motor with full exhaust without a spacer plate Tuneing was setup with gear indication and boost The bike runs great and pulls like a champ all the time and is even great riding around. Will post Graph when i get it scanned

7psi. This is a plain stage one kit that Rich sells i don't even have a BOV which i think i may remedy. And what is wrong with the 12.5 to 12.7 a/f range i though that was about right? to rich? or to lean?

As for fueling it's the setup Rich sends out.

It is setup with a GM map sensor and a Gear indicator source so when it reads boost the power commander adds more fuel based on gear and Boost level.

Last edited:
BerserkTurboGraph.jpg

There is alittle dip in the Graph the tuner told me this was the graph he pulled after he let the bike cool down and did a run. I've ridden the bike some and if that dip is still in there it's not noticable at all he told me when it warms up that dip wasn't in it so i don't know why he didn't get me a print out of that.

Last edited:
Ok so then what should ideal a/f be on this setup? i thought 13.0 was about on and getting over that you are getting to lean.

for safety, you want to be around 11.8 to 12.0 at wot. just in case your fuel system decides to hiccough. you may drop a couple hp, but the safety is worth it.

yeah your def gonna want to get that A/F in check or your turbo bike is going to making zero HP. I've got a 240 tire also on my turbo bike, its done well for me so far:thumbsup:

If you are just putting around on it, you may be okay for a while. However, if you start doing roll-on's and top end runs, it won't survive long... :(

Just for safety's sake i'd fatten it up a little,i also have an RCC Stage 1 originally mapped between 11.4-11.8(stock comp./no spacer plate) and after 3,000 miles(18,500 total,installed the turbo at 15,500)melted 3 out of 4 pistons(no WOT top end runs but quite a few up through the gears with easing off in 6th).Also signs of detonation which i'm attributing to this ****ty CA 91 only octane gas.
Just had the motor completely rebuilt including bearings,rods,pistons,double base gasket to lower the comp. a few 10ths,all new intake/exhaust valves(and had the head ported while it was off),and an AEM wideband to keep an eye on the A/FR(now mapped at 11.0-11.4).Also had the frame,etc. powdercoated black,new Michelin Power One tires,chain,etc.
IMG_0219.jpg
IMG_0225.jpg

sick looking bike..

yes, you'd be better off around 11.0-11.5 with your stage 1 setup.

better to run a little rich than risk hurting the motor.

stoich at WOT is 12.5:1. most turbo nuts shoot for 11.5:1, maybe 11.8:1 if they're feeling randy.

I agree with 11.5-11.8. You should slap an ignition module in that thing and pull some timing out as well . . .:rulez:

Back