Rcc stage 1 turbo kit reliabilty

AsleepAtTheTree

Registered
Title says it all...

My biggest concern i would think is the fmu

Arent those things known for failure??? $4500 kit and $3500 bike gone to waste

Wouldnt secondary injectors be a better option???

Is there a known stage 1 kit with secondaries???

Thank you

Think i kinda answered one of my own questions tho???

Which is a secondary injector system would be overboard for a stage 1 bc of the needed cpu to control them???

What year Busa? FWIW I rode my gen 1 for 3 years with a FMU no issues
usually issues come up when you BOOST UP
metal shim on the diaphragm distorts
bigger injectors and PCV-TPI is the easiest and most reliable way on a Gen 1
Year 2002
Three years is awesome!!!

So use rcc stage 1, discard fmu, replace with s2000 injectors and use PCV-TPI instead???

Do you know anyone that has done what you suggested???

FWIW
I have used
the FMU
Port Fueler secondaries and controller
Port Fueler with megasquirt
Megasquirt with ID1000's
PCV-TPI with ID1000's in that order was my progression remember I have been turbo a long time, a lot of options did not exsist for me in 2008 of whenever
Wow man great info, cant thankyou enough!!!

Honestly im speechless lol

The FMUs that rcc makes are shimless and are extremely reliable. But with any fmu you’re limited to how much boost you can run safely.

The next best option like said before is big injectors and a PC5-PTI. This the set up I went with on this guys bike. However drivability is in direct correlation with the type of injectors you buy. Cry once and buy some ID1000’s.

The FMUs that rcc makes are shimless and are extremely reliable. But with any fmu you’re limited to how much boost you can run safely.

The next best option like said before is big injectors and a PC5-PTI. This the set up I went with on this guys bike. However drivability is in direct correlation with the type of injectors you buy. Cry once and buy some ID1000’s.

Thanks again man!!!

How much do you charge to tune a rcc stage 1 gen1 kit with fmu???

Or is that something u dont discuss on the forum???

Do you stay pretty busy??? Im located in alabama, would have to trailer to you??? Whats possible turnaround???

as stated the rcc fmu is a shimless design, and we havent had a failure to date (been making them since 2014 or 15). unlike a bunch of the other brands out there. its also e85 compatible. 10-12 psi boost is about the limits of what you can do with them and have a happy fuel pump. the fmu would operate at much higher pressures, its just that the bulk of all electric fuel pumps dont flow worth a damn at those elevated pressures (over 100 psi fuel pressure)

as stated the rcc fmu is a shimless design, and we havent had a failure to date (been making them since 2014 or 15). unlike a bunch of the other brands out there. its also e85 compatible. 10-12 psi boost is about the limits of what you can do with them and have a happy fuel pump. the fmu would operate at much higher pressures, its just that the bulk of all electric fuel pumps dont flow worth a damn at those elevated pressures (over 100 psi fuel pressure)
HI. Have you seen the DME mechanical pumps? How do you think you FMU would work with one?

HI. Have you seen the DME mechanical pumps? How do you think you FMU would work with one?
Why yes I have...

How are you feeling? I seen your post about the surgery.

Back