Ramsey NJ Suzuki-Kawasaki With 2 ZX-12\'s avalible

OB_Mr Bear

Registered
Dealers here in San Diego are already offering ZX-12's for $10,999 ($1,000 off). But if you want a Busa, you can forget about a discount. Same dealers are at $10,799 plus $698 set-up charge, for the Busa. They can't keep the Busas in the showroom. One of the dealers also has a brand new 1998 Blackbird on the floor for $8,199. That's a good price for a brand-new 1100.

I like the ZX-12, just not as much as the Busa. Same as the CB1100F I considered buying, when I got my last brand-new two-wheeled hotrod. Back then I ended up getting a GS1100E, back in 1983, the last bike I eliminated from my choices was the Honda. If I had got one 2 years ago, it would have been a ZX-11, with the Blackbird being the last choice to be eliminated.

As it was, I got one this year, with the ZX-12 being the last choice to be eliminated. Like I said, I like the ZX-12, but I sure ain't sorry I passed it up for the Busa.

[This message has been edited by Mr Bear (edited 26 April 2000).]

Ramsey NJ Suzuki & Kawi has two ZX-12's in their show room. looks like they're moving slow after the REAL Bike mags tested it and found it to be,,well you know.
one is from Stock,the other is a return of his depo$it when the guy Woke up and realized his Mistake. So who ever want's 2nd best, and a poorly finish bike,there's Two avalible in Jersey,and I'm sure more throughtout the state.

161 ®

Bunch in Georgia----one dealer told me this week if his do not sell by this weekend, he is going to offer a 1000 discount. He felt it was like the Honda xx. There was so much hype about this bike then it turned out to be a fair run for the old 11. He got stuck with 4 of those last year and sold below cost. He said he is going to stick with 4 wheelers. Also jet ski's. I am going to buy a Grizzly 600, so maybe he is right. I forgot to add---this guy is also a Suzuki dealer and the demand for the Busa is still keeping it at retail or above. Some serious haggling and threating to take all your future business to someone else may get you a small discount. I got $200.

[This message has been edited by Earl (edited 26 April 2000).]

That's pretty funny, because I was over at the Kawasaki dealer in Wayne NJ on rte 23 and there was a zx12 on the floor (going back about 3 weeks ago.) The owner was very elusive as to why. He was very uneasy when I inquired as to what the deal was. I found this particulary rewarding, because last year when I showed up to this store (to pick up a part for my cousin's ex500,) this owner went totally out of his way to laugh at me in public outside the building stating that I'd be 'sorry' and 'quick to rush in to plunk down a deposit' on the 12 as soon as it came out. This bike sitting on the floor was in stark contrast to the situation I was in when I picked up my bus last April (gods honest truth I had a guy offer me 1,000 dollars more than I paid for it) before I could get it out the door... due to the waiting list in Jersey... but whatever I guess. It's amazing how much time bikers waste in general bullshitting about bikes instead of riding them ( I call it the yuppie/harley R.U.B. syndrome.) PS: No flame intended towards Harley riders...many of my friends unfortunately own them.

In Northern Califorina the RUBs have a new name,they are called the Dot.Com riders due to all the startup companies in the valley with young and old new millionaires. I'm a Dot.com backer myself earning extra cash from my stocks to buy motorcycles and parts.

MR. Bear I saw that Blackbird the other day when I went in for some service at House of MC.I told a friend about it,they will take even less for the bike.Its a great all around bike,but is not fuel injected too bad.Still I think he's going to look.They also had a used 97 zx11 with 10,000+ mi. for around the same money.

Cisco, there's nothing funnier than watching a guy 'with more money than brains or experience' while they try to play the part of biker, whether that be sport-bike rider or biker dude. Here in Jersey you see it ALL the time,,, I mean it's seriously like Halloween for some of these guys (who accesories more than most females,, just to get on their damn bikes and ride.) PS: Cisco, I hope you're not talking Nasdaq!!!

Enjoy your moment in the sun, Busa guys. Next year, when the 'Busa has an engine control limiter to its top speed too, I wonder if you guys will whine about unrestricting it too. Judging from the arrogance of guys like FalconCop, I doubt it. I think when someone figures out how to hack into to 12r's black box and fix the restriction in its engine control maps, there will be a lot of crying 'Busa owners too. I will concede that fit and finish of the 12R is substandard though. Oh, and I own a GSXR 1100 too, so I am definitely not anti-Suzuki.

Uga,
again, look at the facts, if a restriction is imposed, it will be the same limit on all bikes,. then you have to look at performance numbers. the busa has more torque, torque = acceleration, if top speed os no longer a factor due to limiting then torque is the only factor left (besides rider), and the numbers show the busa will still be on top. You zx-12 guys really need a shrink, im sick of seeing it.
Peace,
Ranger

Back