ZX-12 promotonal video

OB_cbxchris

Registered
I know.. I know ..its about the zx but for the people that read this and are interested...I stopped by kaw dealer today and kaw has out video on 12...shows Gadson at strip and how bike was designed in wind tunnel...how it was designed with clay etc. It was just interesting regardless of the bike it really featured..it also has the rest of the 2000 performance line. Before I left dealer offered me one for 11000...wants me off those busa`s bad....nah!!!

Wind tunnel & clay, yep this is how most modern high performance items are designed. So what's the big deal?

I guess we should start a pool on the release date of the zx12, I hear 1st week of March.

Before I buy a "square", are we talking "release date" or when they ACTUALLY start showing up on the floor? I'll say 2/21 for the "release" and 3/3 or 3/7 on the "actual". Even later for 70% of the smaller dealers.

For the Japan pool I'll take the last week in April as when they hit the showrooms. Guess I'll pay me the money now as I'll be the only one betting on the Japan release, and the only one that can confirm it :)

I see guesses for the month but what about the year?! This year, next year, the year after? I think I guessed 2002 a few years ago! :)

Have you seen the "nice" heat shield on the exhaust pipe. Very nice touch on the ZX12r it finishes the bike right up there with a 1969 Bridgestone 175 scrambler.

Just a little "KawAbuse" :)

Let's go with when they show up on the show room floor. Does anyone know where the import dock is for kawa? I know they are coming from AU (down under), so I'm guessing somewhere out west coast way.

Who give a rats *** when they get here! One thing that I noticed...in the Kaw advertisement it said " the most hp of any bike in its class" Now the way I figure it..the 12 is not in a class with the Busa. Anyone agree?

KawAbuser,
Your 1969 175 Bridgestone post as a source for the heat shield was close. I think they are leftover or inspired by the 1970 Kawasaki Bighorn.
The Bighorn was a 350 rotary valve enduro. Really a piece of junk. Seizure Prone
and boy could they wheelie-
I was the master at stageing these on the street. If you can launch a Bighorn (the ZX12 of dirt bikes) you can stage anything-
ducmanic

Back