Ram Jam with Apex 6 wheels video .

I've been GP shift for a long time :)

DSC_3750.JPG

How long did it take you to get used to it and do you like it more?

Bike looks great with the new wheels.

Reactions: c10
Well a little review of what my take on them after a short 45 miles ride this evening with my son , and Jerry aka @SSGT_B . Its like tipping in a 600 over what stock wheels are . No have a huge problem with wheelies ;)
2nd gear no longer requires a little bounce to come up at 80 mph . Just stand up , lean a wee bit back , and roll the throttle open . Its like taking off in a jet . Ride , and compliance after rough roads is very good . Settles back quicker than stock . The only changes to my suspension from wheels is new fork oil , added some front pre load , and backed all compression / rebound ( front , and rear ) off two clicks .
Acceleration is better . Much Better . However i'm 19 / 43 gearing now , and it was 19/42 on the stock wheels .

Without rear sets converting to GP shift is a little work . One of the side stand bolts needs to be ground some for clearance. Then 2 mm shims placed behind left rear set . A small amount removed from the side stand if your still using oem . The shift arm will need a small amount removed . The shift shaft arm is reversed 180 degrees to the 6 O clock position.

A Sato Racing shift arm on shift shaft makes some of this work not required , but its $75 . I did not find that part till after all my work using stock ,

Back