Core Moto Apex-6 Wheels

LarryG

Registered
Looking at the Core Moto wheels for my newly acquired Gen3, however the manufacturer only has them available thru the 2020 model year Bisani/Gen2 and after speaking with them over the phone they informed me that there’s no real way for them to know weather or not they would fit properly and would not be responsible if they did not work/fit
I’ve heard a few comments saying that it looks like the rear swing arm on the Gen3 is the same as the Gen2 however I can’t find anything regarding the front wheel/rotors extra…and being my first Busa I figured I would reach out to you guys/gals and pick your brains regarding this, any info regarding fitment is appreciated
Thanks

FD166F55-B7B8-4A65-B6A9-A690F3C6832E.jpeg

There was a guy on here with a Gen 3 that plans on drag racing his bike and he was looking to see if a Gen 2 wheel would work that way he can swap back and forth from his street to track tire. He also figured it would be much easier to find a used Gen 2 wheel at this point in the game. Perhaps he will chime in and report his findings

Brocks is selling 2022 BST's, they have a different sku than the earlier models. You could check with them for what the difference is...
It would be worth checking on but Brocks couldn't guarantee me that a BST Rapid Tek for a Gen2 ABS busa would fit my non-ABS Gen2 busa. The difference in width was minuscule but they wouldn't guarantee fitment. The only sure way to know is to wait for Core Moto to start selling wheels for the Gen3 busa. If it's like Brocks, there's a hefty restocking fee and they won't take them back if there's any sign the wheel was installed.

It would be worth checking on but Brocks couldn't guarantee me that a BST Rapid Tek for a Gen2 ABS busa would fit my non-ABS Gen2 busa. The difference in width was minuscule but they wouldn't guarantee fitment. The only sure way to know is to wait for Core Moto to start selling wheels for the Gen3 busa. If it's like Brocks, there's a hefty restocking fee and they won't take them back if there's any sign the wheel was installed.
Core Moto made it clear that if the wheels didn't fit, there was no returning the wheels and they had no date on when they would be making wheels fo the Gen3

As far as I’m aware, the only difference was the abs sensor ring bolts were drilled into the hub?.

As far as I’m aware, the only difference was the abs sensor ring bolts were drilled into the hub?.
According to the specs from Core Moto, the Rotor carriers, speed sensor rings for the ABS and TC come pre mounted with the wheels, at least that’s how I’m reading it

E19F7352-C9AB-4B4B-9D51-DF04610D0851.jpeg

Core Moto made it clear that if the wheels didn't fit, there was no returning the wheels and they had no date on when they would be making wheels fo the Gen3
I know all things chrome has already done a fat tire gen 3, might be able to give them a call and find out if they had any issues fitting the gen 2 stuff on the gen 3. Or you could just send me those gen 3 wheels and when I get them mounted to my gen 2 I'll let you know if it's a direct bolt on ;) :lol: :banana:

There was a guy on here with a Gen 3 that plans on drag racing his bike and he was looking to see if a Gen 2 wheel would work that way he can swap back and forth from his street to track tire. He also figured it would be much easier to find a used Gen 2 wheel at this point in the game. Perhaps he will chime in and report his findings
I haven’t done anything yet.
Bike is still getting wheelie bar and electric shifter added. I hadn’t seen the info from Brocks so I might just buy the BST if that’s guaranteed to fit.

Maybe weigh the gen 3 wheels first to see if they reduced weight over gen 2 wheels . While my Apex 6 wheels were very light over Gen 2 Suzuki might of trimmed some fat so the bang for the buck may not be as high . FYI the APEX wheels are a pain to clean the spokes especially the front due to rotors .
I'm very curious on Gen-3 wheel weight also..

Back