ram air ducts

spencersr

Registered
Do they make any aftermarket ducts that are a strait shot to the air box to do away with what I would call the air reserve
Posted via Mobile Device

A lot of engineering went into the design. Is there a special reason you ask ?

They kinda seem like there designed like that so u don't have the noise from the air box lime the silencer the put on cars intake and seems like at higher speeds a stait shot to the air box would result in more positive air pressure....just a thought
Posted via Mobile Device

They were definatly designed like that for a purpose. Its not so much a reserve but a venturi. When Suzuki did the engineering they found that design to create the best possible air flow. Keep it stock bud. Opening up the holes in the front though isn't a bad idea

I'm not exactly sure at what speed, but at the higher speeds you loose the ram air effect. One of the reasons scoops were developed. That has nothing to do with the ducts, other than they don't extend beyond the nose far enough. There is a butt load of engineering in that airbox.

Richard at RCC can help you with some new duct work and a snell shell that will greatly increase your airflow. You have to change the plenum or airbox as well.

And there are caps that cover the holes in the fairing of the air pipes and turn signals? For turbo bike and LSR.

Old thread but I am curious has anybody used those AirTech High Flow ram air tubes?

Here's part of the description:

Suzuki GSX 1300 Hayabusa Air ducts
These are high flow air ducts for your Busa. These ducts eliminate all of the sumps, and bumps, and lumps on the inside of your stock air ducts and do nothing but ram all kinds of air into your air box.

It says you have to run a race upper on account turn signals won't fit with these tubes but I figured guys that drag or do LSR might have heard about em or gave em a go??

Im going to be getting rid of my stock signals when I change my upper fairing so I was considering adding this to my list of mods. The price on em aren't that steep and if I could pick up a couple ponies it would be well worth it IMO but I haven't heard any chatter about these....

Usually used by LSR guys who need that last few possible HP after 200mph.....hard to say if they are even beneficial from 100-175mph which is plenty fast on the freeways....

To me, if it doesn't help in the acceleration department, may not be worthwhile.

I say do it, record performance before/after such as all the 1/4 mile runs you can get in, compare from say 40-100mph, 60-130mph runs, 80-160mph runs.....need true data.
If it shows improvement then I will certainly do it myself.

Back