Gen II air box mod

outlawbusa

1 wheel up aero testing
Donating Member
Registered
Will any sort of air box modification help on top speed runs? If you do some sort of a mod, do the stock air ducts provide enough flow for the extra air?

Stock motor.

I found this in another thread "If you do Brock's mod, it should look like this when done..." and have thought much about this mod. I wanted to get another box before attempting to modify mine and go beyond the point of no return.

Anyone know how much this helps?

Will any sort of air box modification help on top speed runs? If you do some sort of a mod, do the stock air ducts provide enough flow for the extra air?

Stock motor.

Ramair seals and change the velocity stack. You may have to run all shorts,all longs or keep there the way that they are. It all depends on your motor.

I've heard rumors back when I ran the 1000 that long stacks on the outside and short on the inside evens out the air flow...Something about the way the box was designed. Any experience on the Gen II Busa?

I've heard rumors back when I ran the 1000 that long stacks on the outside and short on the inside evens out the air flow...Something about the way the box was designed. Any experience on the Gen II Busa?

Suzuki airboxes have pretty good even airflow to all of the velocity stacks.

Last edited:
You WOT the throttle, the air box opens. Same deal as a dual butterfly throttle body.

Say, Yam '09 R1 and Kawi 1000 and 14's have dual throttle plates. The subthrottle opens slower but WOT on the full open main throttle will they both open at WOT.

The Suz Busa since 1999 and the 1000 Suz have the same air flap as a sub. So WOT is the main on the Suz and the air cleaner flapper is more a NASCAR restrictor plate where you run out of air an not lean out.

Get it? :rulez: :thumbsup: I'm gonna slap ya wit ha FSManual is the factory calls the design flow.

Back