Raising the rear of the Busa...

HillsRider

On the DHS watch list
Donating Member
Registered
I was wondering if anyone had raised the rear ride height on their busa. I am considering it but would like to know if anyone has tried it & get some opinions on how much it changes the handling. If I try it I will use these..

Any info or thoughts are greatly appreciated!!
beerchug.gif

sv650 dogbones will do the same. Don't remember price on them though

I did do that to my '02 busa, I had mine machined by a friend of mine. I love it. It makes the bike feel like a very fat 750. & mine only cost me $10. for the matieral & his time. mine raised the reart ride height up about an inch . The busa comes stock with a bunch of trail so taking some away doesn't hurt it too bad & t handled a whole lot better when I did a track day with it at Roeblin road last month.:D
biggrin.gif

Can someone please tell me, does this effect chain adjustment in any way? I just got a set of links and want to try them, but wondering about the chain geometry. Oh yeah-they're aluminum pieces from Pro-Machine. Should I be concerned about any durability issues? They look like quality pieces.

<!--EDIT|bronc3
Reason for Edit: None given...|1108770930 -->

Installed the links, adjusted the chain, and adjusted the headlight. Took it for a ride and waa amazed at the change. Turns in a lot quicker, and seems to give the illusion of the bike being much lighter.Straight line stability doesn't really seem to be affected much, maybe just ever so slightly more twitchy. Riding posture is noticeably different, almost gixxerish. I'll get a few miles on it tomorrow to get a better idea as to if I'll leave the links on, but I like it so far.

I raised mine and hated it. Changed it back after about 2 months. I didn't like the feeling of sitting "higher" on the bike rather than "in" the bike. Also, more pressure on the wrists/arms/hands was a bad thing for me. Glad you like it though!

I'm going to do this too, since I like the twisty stuff and not planning on dragging mine. It was one of the mod's recommend to make the bike more flickable and one inch was the amount too.

That's an interesting article, but don't the links accomplish the same end result? Guess the shims give smaller, more precise increments of adjustment. BTW, got to put a couple hundred miles on mine today, some of which was well over 180 mph. Stability was still good.

bronc3
Professional Pilot

Group: Members
Avg posts/day:0.92

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That's an interesting article, but don't the links accomplish the same end result? Guess the shims give smaller, more precise increments of adjustment. BTW, got to put a couple hundred miles on mine today, some of which was well over 180 mph. Stability was still good. [/QUOTE]

umnik.gif

super.gif

Good luck fellas, be really careful installing those links. Don't let your baby hit the pavement!

All-

Those of you that have done this, I would be be most interested in the shimming at the clevis as suggested in the article. Has anyone experienced any down falls with this procedure?? I understand the concept on race machines, but would think the Busa's size would still hinder her a bit on the hardest of twists, regardless of a geometry change. I would love for mine to handle like a 600/750 in the turns, but would never compromise what the Busa does so well to get there.

Any thoughts??

Corso

Back