Rainbow vacuum cleaner

MOKE89

Registered
The wife and i are thinking of getting a rainbow.Anyone have one? If so is it worth having?We had the demo a few years ago and came real close to getting one but didn't. $ 1800 for a vacuum cleaner was just too much.My friend has one 3 yrs. old,not much use on it for $500. They liked how it cleaned but too many steps in their house. They only used it one year.Our place is one level.I know the people around here ... no, I'm not planning any mods.Will leave it stock. Any feedback will be appreciated.

I have had a rainbow for 14 years. Still works like a champ. Both my wife and my son have bad allergies and are on Rx meds for them. The rainbow is awesome. If you can get one for $500 buy it yesterday.

Don

We've had one for about 15 years also. It's great if you or your family have respiratory problems including allergies and/or asthma and if you have pets. I think I paid around $1200.00 for mine new... if you can get one used for $500 - go for it. Check your Yellow Pages for repair shops just in case - the nearest may be far away. My only gripe is the weight of the thing - it's heavy when it's full of water and a pain to drag up and down the stairs... you're lucky your on 1 level! I use it for everything - house, car, etc... just don't vaccuum the hearth with it - there's a lesson learned the hard way...

They work awesome but cleaning the mung out afterwards is not for the squeamish!
laugh.gif

I bought a rebuilt Rainbow off ebay for $400. We had one close to 15 years and the ex's is still going. I needed one of my own.

(bigoltool @ Aug. 03 2007,19:47) They work awesome but cleaning the mung out afterwards is not for the squeamish!
laugh.gif
+1.... and don't wait too long to clean it out. Pee-yoopies it'll stink!

My father-in-law gave us one about 12 years ago and it's still running like a champ.

But I agree that $1,800 is a lotta bux.

--Wag--

My wife bought one about 12 years ago. She loves that thing and will not vacuum without it. I definitely notice a difference when I use the standup hoover versus the Rainbow, much cleaner with the Rainbow. It really helps with allergies and cat dander. (5 cats in the house)

It has never had one problem or needed any service.

(LCB @ Aug. 03 2007,15:35) I use it for everything - house, car, etc... just don't vaccuum the hearth with it - there's a lesson learned the hard way...
Now that is funny!
laugh.gif

(Tchill2much @ Aug. 03 2007,16:53) check out a kirby before you buy. They are better IMO. self propeled tooo.
The wifes' Aunt has a Rainbow and a Kirby.She likes both but thinks the Rainbow is a little better.

My parents bought one when I was 12 and they still have theirs. I am 33 now. They have never had anything done to it. I have gone through more WALMART vaccums than I can tell you, I have probably spent almost $1800 in vaccums.

i used to have one. they are awesome but also a bit of a pain with having to empty the h2o from time to time.

I seem to remember that we had a Kirby for a gazillion years when I was a kid.

--Wag--

This thread is proof that there is NOTHING you can't learn about on this board!

biggrin.gif

--Wag--

Back