Oooops ... old chain lube gunk, shoes, carpet... BAD

Mr Bogus

Trouble Makers Inc.
Donating Member
Registered
Well crap.... I was even watching out for it but a pea sized blob of old chain gunk fell out of motor while tearing down and missed the vacuum, broom and rag job on floor... (biggest problem of an attached garage... no stroll across the parking lot to the house to ditch this type of crud...

Anyway.... tracked in to house so PROBLEM... stuff does not melt well with any soap or detergent known to man....

leaves only solvent based cleaners... hockenpucky....

Gee does anyone have any great ideas to solve this terrible issue? :rofl:

yes I have a solution. Go to auto zone and get a can of Tuff Stuff spray upholstery cleaner. Works very well..

Good luck

Well after careful research and hours at the "cleaning dyno" (and you know this was not planned..) I found a solution..

BRAKE CLEAN... :laugh:

It sprays, it cleans, it evaporates completely ..

It also leaves your motorcycle clutch cylinder area shiny clean!! (you know those Germans, they always make good stuff!)

I made a special purchase and have the stuff at a measly $2 a can plus shipping!! I would be more than happy to forward this fantastic savings on a closeout item and take a hit from my studio... You too can have this fantastic cleaner that proves to be the greatest thing since... well.... header wrap... :)

never mind you can get the same deal right now at "AUTO ZONE" at their half off sale..

Now CoCo... show the nice people what we got for sale... :rofl:

Photo0149.jpg

(sorry guys, the model is mine and she rides with me everywhere I go in the car! Gotta love those coconuts..) :whistle:

And if you order now? we will send you the wild wet willy kit!! surprise your mate, an get your friends all excited when you punk them with the super wet willy mop!! (is actually a cotton ball on the end of a chunk of dental floss but it does work from a distance) :)

BEFORE:

001.jpg

AFTER:

Photo0150.jpg

really the above photo was chopped but this did happen...

the brake clean took about 30 minutes of scubbing but it got that gooey crap up... whew... Karen would have killed me... man what a relief....

sure did not want to shell out 2G for carpet this month...

Last edited:
Next time go to lowes or depot amd pick up a product called AFTA. Its in the flooring section. Its a lil known solvent that 100 percent of installers keep with them.
Take a white cotton towel and put just lil bit of AFTA on it. Gently wok the spot. Keep using clean parts of the towel and more afta untill its gone.
BE CAREFULL...if you soak the carpet it will dissolve the latex backing and fibers can pull out due to delamination.
I've worked in the carpet-tile cleaning field for 20 years. :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Next time go to lowes or depot amd pick up a product called AFTA. Its in the flooring section. Its a lil known solvent that 100 percent of installers keep with them.
Take a white cotton towel and put just lil bit of AFTA on it. Gently wok the spot. Keep using clean parts of the towel and more afta untill its gone.
BE CAREFULL...if you soak the carpet it will dissolve the latex backing and fibers can pull out due to delamination.
I've worked in the carpet-tile cleaning field for 20 years. :)
Posted via Mobile Device
very good, shall do... and shall use it with caution... Can see it now... "honey I vacuumed and there are bald spots in the front room" Gee wonder what happened? :laugh:

Ether? never thought about starting fluid but might be a touch volital for me.. :laugh:

Last edited:
very good, shall do... and shall use it with caution... Can see it now... "honey I vacuumed and there are bald spots in the front room" Gee wonder what happened? :laugh:

Ether? never thought about starting fluid but might be a touch volital for me.. :laugh:

Hey park that baby inside over the spots and no problem.
It's cold outside and she needs warmth. :laugh:

Hey park that baby inside over the spots and no problem.
It's cold outside and she needs warmth. :laugh:
:rofl: I did my first bike engine in 1981 (750F Honda).. I parked it in the kitchen and tore it down...

The wife was NOT happy at all... (only place I had to work on the bike at.. Meas AZ and it was too hot outside ) :)

:rofl: I did my first bike engine in 1981 (750F Honda).. I parked it in the kitchen and tore it down...

The wife was NOT happy at all... (only place I had to work on the bike at.. Meas AZ and it was too hot outside ) :)

I had a 1976 Husqvarna ice racing bike in the kitchen when the wife came home one day.

That was wife #2.
Which one was yours with the 1981? :whistle:

I had a 1976 Husqvarna ice racing bike in the kitchen when the wife came home one day.

That was wife #2.
Which one was yours with the 1981? :whistle:
that would have been wife #1 :rofl: you saw right through that one... :laugh:

Back