Radial Master Installed !

c10

Registered
Brake update . Radial Brembos are beautiful , but performance left room to be improved . Many hayabusa owners complain of this due to master cylinder design though the fairing leaves zero room for the front plunge master cylinder . With the LSL kit there is just enough room . So I posted about ZX14 masters to use off a special edition 2016 model for $316 when I was contacted by a busa member mabupa offering the B King radial master with lever for a fair price . Off to the lift we go for more mods
loco.gif
Just coming off the lift you can feel the difference , and really hear the calipers throwing the pad to the rotor . I'm not 100% so it was just up down the street a few times with one 30 mph heavy hand brake test . Over all power is not improved but feel is gained with less power required to stop with just two fingers . Here are a few pictures .
upthumbs.gif

Thanks Bueno :)

20160621_201149_zpszsksc2vx.jpg
20160621_201156_zpstyeijn1r.jpg
20160621_205309_zpsykrjfkgv.jpg
20160621_211759_zpsbc6zw1e9.jpg
20160621_212955_zpsbvyczdve.jpg
20160621_212947_zpspuuimvzo.jpg

I dont know what your talking about that, there is not enough room for a Radial master on a Busa. Here are several pics of proof on my Gen 2.
First pics are Brembo RCS master cylinders, on stock bars. Full lock to lock turning with no interference!

IMG_0822 (Small).JPG

IMG_0823 (Small).JPG

IMG_0824 (Small).JPG

And also with Heli Bars, still no interference

IMG_1061 (Medium).JPG

IMG_1062 (Medium).JPG

IMG_0891 (Small) (2).JPG

IMG_0892 (Small) (2).JPG

There are no marks on the inner panels fro the master cylinders at all.

No sir that is a drilled , and taped triple tree with aftermarket equipment . Does it fit yes with modification why yes it does . Will something else bolt up OEM with its cup attached , and not strike the fairing ? Most likely no .
Why do you think we have radial calipers with a conventional master cylinder ? Now if you read in real deep you can find literature from Suzuki that says our master was specially designed to work with the radial calipers . That is
just a joke like the new color busa every year .

I also understand the Brembo masters you have / had , and their improvements to the system . However why with a ABS model that had Brembo mono blocks already use another version the HP ? Bling or look ?

What is OEM for 2013 to current 2016 is not junk by any means . Copy/paste from Brembo's web site

M4 100 and M4 108 cast monoblock calipers
The Brembo Monoblock range brings monoblock technology - a solution used successfully in MotoGP in which the caliper body is machined from a single billet of cast aluminium to ensure outstanding stiffness - within reach of the general public.

The caliper, which is interchangeable with the fork mounts on all Japanese and European hypersports models, implements Brembo's most advanced casting technologies to create an incredibly light monoblock caliper body that offers unrivalled stiffness and precision.

The hydraulic system has been painstakingly optimised, and the use of differentiated 34 mm diameter pistons has further increased the already renowned power and controllability of Brembo calipers. The caliper is finished with a titanium coloured anodic oxide coating.

m4.jpg

No sir that is a drilled , and taped triple tree with aftermarket equipment . Does it fit yes with modification why yes it does . Will something else bolt up OEM with its cup attached , and not strike the fairing ? Most likely no .
Why do you think we have radial calipers with a conventional master cylinder ? Now if you read in real deep you can find literature from Suzuki that says our master was specially designed to work with the radial calipers . That is
just a joke like the new color busa every year .

I also understand the Brembo masters you have / had , and their improvements to the system . However why with a ABS model that had Brembo mono blocks already use another version the HP ? Bling or look ?

What is OEM for 2013 to current 2016 is not junk by any means . Copy/paste from Brembo's web site

M4 100 and M4 108 cast monoblock calipers
The Brembo Monoblock range brings monoblock technology - a solution used successfully in MotoGP in which the caliper body is machined from a single billet of cast aluminium to ensure outstanding stiffness - within reach of the general public.

The caliper, which is interchangeable with the fork mounts on all Japanese and European hypersports models, implements Brembo's most advanced casting technologies to create an incredibly light monoblock caliper body that offers unrivalled stiffness and precision.

The hydraulic system has been painstakingly optimised, and the use of differentiated 34 mm diameter pistons has further increased the already renowned power and controllability of Brembo calipers. The caliper is finished with a titanium coloured anodic oxide coating.

View attachment 395746

GIXERHP, removed the abs system from his Hayabusa

Its my understanding that the OEM Brembo calipers are Brembo and very good but they are not mono blocks. I was told they are 2 piece? Anyway the 108 mono blocks are not the equal of the more top of the line HP series calipers.

Its my understanding that the OEM Brembo calipers are Brembo and very good but they are not mono blocks. I was told they are 2 piece? Anyway the 108 mono blocks are not the equal of the more top of the line HP series calipers.

Mono = 1 or one piece . 2013 -2016 OEM issue Brembos are one piece no split or bolts to remove . Pistons come out from the inside after pad removal . HP's are better , but then again why when you already had a dam good caliper ?

You are correct, the monoblocks are not the same as the Hp calipers!

An I know that i Did not nee the Hp calipers, i had them from my previous build and they are better components than the momoblocks!

Im not you average member that needs to learn about parts, nor what he is doing. I Know that i did Not Need to swap calipers to get rid of the ABS,,

The ABS system is junk, compared to my set-up. My Concours Abs set-up is way better than the Busa's set-up, But im sure there will be input to that.

I will say at this point, if you haven't rode many ABS systems,, dont bitch nor complain about them,, learn about them.

It is not for everyone for sure, but it for safety at it's best. Being right or wrong for a rider

I know about abs lol Almost tossed it off my 2012 new FJR1300 I bought in 2011 , but didnt due to resale , and it would be sold one day . The busa ABS is 10 times better than FJR unit , and I have zero issues or plan to delete due to again selling it
one day . Never sold a bike to a stranger as all my friends jump on my bikes to buy .

I always thought it a little odd that the B-King came out before the Gen-2 and had its radial master, but when the flagship faster more sporty Gen-2 Busa went on sale it didn't have one.

Sorry to bump and old thread but C10 do you still have the pictures? They are not loading for me. I have the zx14R MCs sitting in the garage. My bike needs new brake fluid so I am thinking of finally installing (having the shop) them along with a block that will keep me from going full lock so they will not hit the fairing. Just want to see how you have everything mounted and see if they would give me a quote.

I have a LSL handle bar kit 04LE so I have far more clearance than stock . Ill see about getting a few pictures tomorrow .

Yea that might change it up as I only have the heli-bars. Thanks for any help tho.

I had a GSXR1000 master on my busa with helibars. Don't see why the 14 master would not work.

Last edited:
Back