Racing Suits for big guys...

PacerX

Registered
Hmmm...

I've looked at Rocket and others, but it seems that all of the 1pc or 2pc racing suits out there are made for smaller guys...

Well, smaller than me.

I'm 6'3", 260lbs.

Anybody know of companies that make suits for folks at my size?

Check with the GPX line from Joe Rocket. From your description, sounds llike you should be wearing a US 54. Also Ive got a new Alpinestars GPU-2 in black in size US 54. Its a two piece suit that I purchased over the winter. I didnt get a chance to wear them. I thought I was going to due a few track days, but work got in the way. It's just been collecting dust in my closet. Looking to sell it for $460 shipped in you are interested.

If you really want to go all out, contact Z Leathers in California, and have them do a custom job for you. Kushitani can also do it, though I've heard complaints that they run small even when doen off of custom measurements.

Vanson is good with customizing sizes too, though I dunno offhand if they do full suits or not.

(I'm 6'6"+ and about 270, so yeah, I've done some checking around.

Hmmm...

I've looked at Rocket and others, but it seems that all of the 1pc or 2pc racing suits out there are made for smaller guys...

Well, smaller than me.

I'm 6'3", 260lbs.

I have the same problem, well actuall had would be a better word. I am a little short for my weight, I should be about 7'4" or so.....

Contact www.tobefast.com. They carry a line called Reflex Gear. They can hook you up with a custom 1 or 2 piece suit for $800.

I dont have any pics here at work of the suit. Here is one from last Springs Busa Bash.

pic 1

Hmmm...

Well, smaller than me.

I'm 6'3", 260lbs.

I have the same problem, well actuall had would be a better word. I am a little short for my weight, I should be about 7'4" or so.....

Contact www.tobefast.com. They carry a line called Reflex Gear. They can hook you up with a custom 1 or 2 piece suit for $800.

I dont have any pics here at work of the suit. Here is one from last Springs Busa Bash.

pic 1
Damn 7'4 your a tall as dude. Holy snikies! That is all for now
biggrin.gif

If you really want to go all out, contact Z Leathers in California, and have them do a custom job for you.  Kushitani can also do it, though I've heard complaints that they run small even when doen off of custom measurements.

Vanson is good with customizing sizes too, though I dunno offhand if they do full suits or not.

(I'm 6'6"+ and about 270, so yeah, I've done some checking around.
+1 on the Z Leathers. They made my pants for me a few months ago and they are as comfortable as my jeans. Granted, leather is leather and you still sweat, however, for pure comfort, I have no trouble whatsoever wearing them around for long periods of time.

Well worth the effort to get them to do 'em for ya.

http://www.zcustom.com

--Wag--

Check with Pacman .. He's 8'6 and 500 lbs.......ish
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

I've looking for +sized riding gear froma very very long time... with out any success!!! The discrimination should stop.... why is it that only the skinny guys get the leathers
rock.gif
Dont we big guys deserve to be protected ...
rant.gif

Check with Pacman .. He's 8'6 and 500 lbs.......ish  
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif
har har...
poke.gif
tounge.gif

I'm acutally 495 lbs......ish.

Seriously, though....

there was someone who posted up a link for a company that specialized in "Husky Men" leathers...

hopefully they'll chime in....

<!--EDIT|PACIFICBUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1123669323 -->

biggrin.gif

I am 6' and 250#. I got mine through www.newenough.com. They are great to work with and the prices are great too. They have larger sizes and mine fit great even after using their online sizing chart to pick my size. They also said that they would exchange anything that didn't fit so the ordering from out of state part didn't seem bad anymore.

I've been having this same issue, finding gear that fits properly. I am 6'5" 255 lbs, tall not all that big, but I do have broad sholders and long appendages (arms and legs)

A 50/xxl from Alpinestars fits like a glove, something I'm not use to. I was convinced that I would need a "tall" size jacket, but trying this one on I saw that it was not necessary, not to mention some of the "tall" jackets fit the same as the regular size ones. I have bit of play in my jacket for layering. I say, keep looking and you're bound to find something...

My buddy, busahaya aka, Nelson, aka, noslen, aka..uumm hmmm..... have gone to half a dozen gear shops in our, out of our area of LA and I have tried on well over 20 jackets from more than a handful of manufactures and settled on an Alpinestars AM-X Airflow, Retails for $699, I can't say how much I'm paying for it, but let's just say, it's a lot less...
biggrin.gif

ridegear.com

Back