Leather 2pc Suit

I have a joe rocket highside. I am happy with it. Real nice looking, seems built pretty well. For the price you can't go wrong. Alpinestars has some real nice looking suits too.

Road racers I have talked too say the highside is good for a crash or two, but don't plan on using it crash after crash after crash.

I have looked at getting the JR Speedmaster pants and jacket for $625 (they zip together like a 2pc suit), BUT I have heard that joe rockets are only good for 1 crash and dont hold up well, that is what is holding me back from joe rocket.

If i can come up with the extra $$$ I will get a Alpinestar S-MX ( http://www.newenough.com/mens/as_suits.htm ) which looks badass, and has armor on the outside of the leathers which can be replaced after a crash, so the suit can last thru many many crashes. The suit cost about $1300 tho.

Since my first-hand experience with road rash after going down in a very short ride just wear a T-Shirt (I know it was stupid), and hearing the stories about people losing their legs and arms due to infection from severe road rash. I want to get a suit that will hold up and protect me in a crash. Because of this price doesnt matter very much at all, only if i can get the same or better quality at a better price.

I have looked at getting the JR Speedmaster pants and jacket for $625 (they zip together like a 2pc suit), BUT I have heard that joe rockets are only good for 1 crash and dont hold up well, that is what is holding me back from joe rocket.

If i can come up with the extra $$$ I will get a Alpinestar S-MX ( http://www.newenough.com/mens/as_suits.htm ) which looks badass, and has armor on the outside of the leathers which can be replaced after a crash, so the suit can last thru many many crashes. The suit cost about $1300 tho.

Since my first-hand experience with road rash after going down in a very short ride just wear a T-Shirt (I know it was stupid), and hearing the stories about people losing their legs and arms due to infection from severe road rash. I want to get a suit that will hold up and protect me in a crash. Because of this price doesnt matter very much at all, only if i can get the same or better quality at a better price.
I am with you on this, I have suspended all of my bridge running top speed runs until I get a proper two piece. Or at least some new pants that zip to the jacket. Saw some stuff the other day on Discovery, drag racer in full leathers at over 200MPH went down, and he got tore up...Leathers or no at those speeds I guess it's your ass...or in his case his knee caps, they got ground down enough to sever all his tendons...Freaky...

So basically I don't think Levis would hold up much past about 150 MPH...
eek2.gif

I think you allready know, but yeah, NewEnough kicks ass..

Back