New Leathers

Saxoplay

Donating Member
Registered
I'm in the market for some leathers and am torn between getting a 1pc or 2pc suit.  I've been leaning more towards the 1pc as I'm thinking about getting into some track days.  However, I'd like to be able to use it on normal riding days as well.  Who has one or the other or both.....please give me your opinion on which is better for you and/or more practical....thanks.

btw...this is what I had in mind...

http://www.newenough.com/protect....it.html

I have to say a 2 piece. I use mine on trackdays and wear the jacket solo when just out for a spin.

I prefer the one piece, fits me more comfortably - I wear mine even in Texas summer w/ a hydro vest on.

One piece is best for the track(s)... two piece will work as long as they can be zippered and are nicer for street riding~

Ive been wearing a one pice for 5 years now. A two pice would be nice.

I have both, but use my 2 piece for ALL my street and touring riding. The one piece is horrible if you stop to eat some where and you look  
SHOCKED.gif
like a dork eating Italian or Mexican food with FULL LEATHERS ON ! With the one piece you can take off the  top and be alot more comfortable. Especially if it's HOT outside !  And I get to show off my HAYABUSA T-SHIRT while eating. You can't imagion how many Girl-ies come up to a 58 year old and ask about the bike. Now, if ONLY I was 21 again  
beerchug.gif

(MPH 200 @ May 09 2007,07:56) I prefer the one piece, fits me more comfortably - I wear mine even in Texas summer w/ a hydro vest on.
How is that in the summer....it get's pretty dang hot here in Vegas...

I like the 2pc. Mine has the 3/4 zipper, I'ld go for the full zipper next time. I have an old one piece but it doesn't fit anymore. the shoulders shrunk wicked bad and the waist is a "little"
wow.gif
snug too. I may get another 1pc. but I will always have the 2 pc.

I have both and like them both. Alpinestars is my only chose.
I`d reccomend black leathers, light colors looks good only when they never been worn on a long ride, trust me on this one, especially perforated. Once you smashed first 100 bugs in it it`s looks like crap..
I`d say that 2pc would be more convenient and 1pc more comfortable on the bike. At least this is true for me and I`m 6' 260LB.

Alpinestars running small, be sure of the size you ordering.

Okay Perry, here's how it's done.......

June to August Mesh, no leather, even perforated is a mother on a hot summer day....fall and spring perforated leather / daytime, non-perforated / night-time, winter get an textile insulated one-piece / full zip suit....I'm tellin' ya it's nice on those 30's nights to be just short of sweatin' at a stop light, and still be warm at triple digits

Two-piece is more practical....zip it together, you have a one-piece........I suit-up for the weather......I've spent some cash, but my favorite is my Dainese perforated upper / lower in leather. Fits like a glove, could probably do a track day in it........no problem.....

So far, got Saturday morning off....can we try the Lake ride one more time
rock.gif
?.......tuning John's moto today, he should be up for it too.......
super.gif

(Saxoplay @ May 09 2007,22:02)
(MPH 200 @ May 09 2007,07:56) I prefer the one piece, fits me more comfortably - I wear mine even in Texas summer w/ a hydro vest on.
How is that in the summer....it get's pretty dang hot here in Vegas...
I use a hydro vest under it - works like a swamp cooler - stays cool for about 3 hours then rewet it.

I have ridden in 105 degrees w/ this on.

Just bought a new 2 piece. I do a number of track days, and after watching my buddy struggle with his 1 piece all season, 2 makes sense to me. Plus, although I wear the pants zipped to the top 90% of the time [for safety and I think it looks cool] I DO have that 10% option to only wear the jacket. And I take advantage of that on occasion. My opinions and use

(Spudley @ May 10 2007,02:51) Okay Perry, here's how it's done.......

June to August Mesh, no leather, even perforated is a mother on a hot summer day....fall and spring perforated leather / daytime, non-perforated / night-time, winter get an textile insulated one-piece / full zip suit....I'm tellin' ya it's nice on those 30's nights to be just short of sweatin' at a stop light, and still be warm at triple digits

Two-piece is more practical....zip it together, you have a one-piece........I suit-up for the weather......I've spent some cash, but my favorite is my Dainese perforated upper / lower in leather.  Fits like a glove, could probably do a track day in it........no problem.....

rock.gif
super.gif
Thanks for the info! And....yes, let's try the lakeshore ride again......I still prefer to go early. What time were you thinking?

I think the two piece gives you more flexability and most tracks will allow them if you can zipper them together.

(Saxoplay @ May 10 2007,07:32)

Two-piece is more practical....zip it together, you have a one-piece........I suit-up for the weather......I've spent some cash, but my favorite is my Dainese perforated upper / lower in leather.  Fits like a glove, could probably do a track day in it........no problem.....

rock.gif
super.gif
Thanks for the info!   And....yes, let's try the lakeshore ride again......I still prefer to go early.  What time were you thinking?
700am at the 76 in Boulder City
rock.gif
?, or Chevron just before Lake Las Vegas turnoff on Lake Mead, take your pick, let's shoot as early as "yawn" possible. Cooler early, will warm up as we go !!!!
super.gif

I'll call John and set it up "RIGHT NOW"..........

rock.gif

super.gif

(dadofthree @ May 10 2007,23:05) I have the two piece and it allows more flexibility  
all_coholic.gif
Sure hope that zipper holds together in a crash...also you can't FORGET to zip up a one piece...or get
lazy and not zip up the two piece  
wink.gif

(Spudley @ May 10 2007,22:59)
(Saxoplay @ May 10 2007,07
zzwhip.gif
)

rock.gif
super.gif
Thanks for the info!   And....yes, let's try the lakeshore ride again......I still prefer to go early.  What time were you thinking?
700am at the 76 in Boulder City
rock.gif
?, or Chevron just before Lake Las Vegas turnoff on Lake Mead, take your pick, let's shoot as early as "yawn" possible.  Cooler early, will warm up as we go !!!!
super.gif

I'll call John and set it up "RIGHT NOW"..........
Were you planning on heading up lakeshore from Boulder City then out Valley of Fire/Overton to the 15 back or were you thinking going the other way up the 15? Reason I ask is I live way north of town in near the LV Speedway and meeting in Boulder City would require me to double back quite a bit.

rock.gif

super.gif

Go two piece, even if you intend to do track days. They are more comfy and offer great protection. I had a 90-100mph get off with a two piece on, it stayed together without any trouble and the spandex in the zipper area makes it soooo much nicer.

Back