help! deciding between 2pc and 1pc alpinestars

aka Danksy

Registered
So with Astars starting a pretty full new suit line up the deals you can get are out of control. I need a suit for LRRS. I used to have a 2pc but sold it off because it didn't fit me.

How do people like the 1pc? I know I need a full circumference zipper for it to qualify at loudon so that might be an issue as well.

Just seeing how people like there gear.

I wanted dainese but 400 for full A*'s is too good to pass up
Posted via Mobile Device

i wear my 2 piece when goin somewhere then doing stuff (off the bike) and 1 peice if its either cold or only riding and not hangin out somewhere...only because i dont wanna look like a queer walking around wearin a full leather 1 piece around... i am way more comfortablw in my 1 than 2 piece though.

ToBeFast.com can guarantee the best price on your suit when you are ready. Check these deals out here so far:

Alpinestars Suits:Suits- Tobefast

Shift Vertex Suit SHIFT Racing Vertex Leather Suit- Tobefast

Joe Rocket: Joe Rocket Jackets, Joe Rocket Bike Jackets, Joe Rocket Mesh Jackets, Joe Rocket Motorcycle Jackets Joe Rocket Gear`Helmets`Boots`Gloves

Alpinestars Alpinestars,Alpinestars Jackets,Alpinestars Suits,Alpinestars Pants,Alpinestar Suits,Alpinestar,Alpinestar Gloves,Alpinestars Boots

If you don't see what you are looking for we can still get it for you and we guarantee you the lowest price as a Hayabusa forum member.

Hope this helps

Team McCoy Motorsports
Hayabusa.Org Sponsor
Phone (606) 432-1556
Sales@tobefast.com
Street Bike Parts`Sportbike Helmets`Yamaha R1`R6 Parts`GSXR Parts`Honda CBR Parts`Street Bike Gear`Clothing`Jackets`Gloves

I have a 2pc A* but for racing I would recommend a 1pc. With a 2pc the zipper is a point of weakness if you go down so that is why I would recommend a 1pc over a 2pc. The 2pc suits are more geared for weekend warrior street riding if you ask me. I have been eyeballing SYED leathers after I seeing how they stood up for MPH200. Not to mention they do great repair work as well.

I have both (just not A*). 2pc is great for everyday street riding where your on and off the bike, in stores, resturaunts, etc.. Zipper does look like a weak link, especially in a very high speed off. 1pc for track days or twisties riding with the local sport bike group.
Down side with my 1pc, it's just slightly short in the main body section. I have to wear my bicycle shorts to wear the suit at all, and fear if I crash in a manner that causes both my arms to go straight up over my head.. broken bones and road rash will be the least of my problems.:whistle:
Am thinking of selling it and getting a size larger.

tobestfast has a sick hookup on a SHIFT racing suit in WHITE only 800.00

Alpinestars you can do better though, motostano has them for under 400.

I will get the 1pc.

Its for racing, I was just curious about peoples experience, I mean if I could have something street/track that would be cool but a zipper protecting me at 100mph...Ill pass:rulez:

SHIFT!!!!

just found an ebay for Shift SR-1 Full ONE piece in 56 Euro.

I heard they run small, anyone have one of these?

I'm 6'2 190lbs 32"pants 43 chest

ANYONE!!>>!!> ???

I usually wear a two piece for the convenience of being able to take the jacket off and wear the pants. Full zippers required here too...however, every two piece I have tried on the jacket fits great but the pants are big enough for two people so that defeats the purpose~!~

I would recommend any suit you go with, locate a shop that has them in stock and try on for a fit~!!~

I just purchased the Alpinestars charger 1 piece and will be using them for the first time at Maxton this weekend. The RC1 two piece (what I really wanted) did the same thing...the pants could have fit my wife in there with me~!~

I'm a fairly proportional fella too so I don't get it...6'1 at 200 lbs

Like Adam said, I only wear a 1-piece. I have had 2 good tests of my Syed custom suit, but it was $1400. What is your skin worth?

Keep in MIND the Alpinestar ONE and TWO suits, runs 2 sizes smaller then Regular Street jacket and Pant leathers..

Now that I also have a 1-piece suit,there is no question on which to wear in most situations.Fit,comfort and protection are best in a one piece.
Touring and trips, 2-piece! :cheerleader:
Practicallity, intent(track,etc),miles ridden all factor in to having both,if possiable.???
Hey, it took me a bunch of years to get both!
I remember when going to a 2-piece was a big deal! Obviously, going 2-piece to a 1 is no where near that big of a change.
If you can do just one,the 2-piece is probably best.
I sure miss my pockets when wearing the 1-piece!:laugh: :beerchug:

Back