Looking for a one piece race suit!

EarlyBird

Donating Member
Registered
Hey Guys:

Well, I have to buy a one piece race suit. The one I have is now for sale. I dont fit it anymore. I have a track day coming up and put my old suit on tonight. I have added some size since I last wore it... muscle size that is! I have done some measure measurements and it seems that I am a size 42 or 44 depending on the suit maker. My measurements Chest is 43" waist 32" Sleeve 31 1/2" inseam from crotch to ankle is 27 1/2" height 5'8".

I have looked at newenough.com. The suits in the 500 to 600 dollar range in my size are sold out and on back order. Even Revzilla too. So I could use some help here. I know you get what you pay for, but I am looking to keep my cost down. Any other places to look at with great discount prices to consider!

Thanks guys and gals!

Last edited:
I have a Frank Thomas size 48 fits like a 46, it is very tight on me. Worn 3 times and is as new, black, no damage and I think I also have the original box and I do have the mint sliders. i am 6', 195. But I bought it just after surgery and I was 18 pounds lighter. $300.00 to your door. It fits me VERY tight and does not feel as if it is tall enough either. If there were a size 45 US, it would be more accurate.

PM me if interested............

Hey Tim , Try motorcyclesuperstore.com for closeouts and good sales that they run all the time.
They often have dianese sales that bring the price inline with the others.They had/have? the laguna seca 1 piece for 700$ I think? I paid near list at 1,000.Great suit!No hassle returns also!
Good luck searching.:beerchug: See you at the Bash, again.

Thanks guys! I have looked pretty hard in the last few days. I have even called a few of you here too! Currently I have a few options... on mind, but nothing solid. I called spartan and talked to Dave... nothing on the rack so far in my size he says. Waiting on a call back to see what he comes up with. Talked to Paulo... but we both couldnt get an idea exactly the sizing I need. My cycle gear locally has on one suit in stock to try but it is a euro 50. Last month they had a quite a few instock, but removed them to make way for spring inventory. I have a few picks again on hand, but I am trying to pervent the dreaded return and wait for the next size option suit. My picks are Joe Rocket speedmaster 5.0... best deal so far is $795 from Newenough.com (Closely Matches my measurements)... then the spartan if Dave finds the size that matches me.... The ones you guys posted... but just worried about fit. I am using a back protector too and measured for it. My chest is a 42 1/2" then the protector put is at 43". I guess Ill make my decision on Monday!

Last edited:
It's hard to confirm a size when you can't try it on first. :banghead:
But I'd look REAL hard at the Alpinestars line and see if you can narrow down a size. They may not be the least expensive, but they sure as hell are made well and this is not an area you want to cut corners when you're running at track speeds.

I know sportbiketrackgear.com has an excellent return policy should you get the wrong size.

My $0.02

I just sold a size 44 Fieldsheer Flex suit for $400. Too small (raise my arms and my voice tone went up accordingly:laugh:), only worn 4-5 times, somebody got a good deal.
Ah well. I went with an Alpinestars SP-1 in a size 46, should be here toward the end of the week.

Trust me I understand about you get what you pay for etc. I have been done this road with an X girlfriend trying to get her fitted for a suit! May tries later.... finally got one that worked! I am looking at all the options you guys put up here.... trust me! I have been looking at cost and what the suit provides! I had to step away from the screen too... looked at so many options and got over whelmed with the sizes, options, protection, deals, close outs, and more!

Thanks guys for the links and offers of the suits you provided. After many measurements and talking to other vendors, I ended up spending a little more then I wanted. But, I was worried about it fitting correctly and giving me better protection then my last suit. I do plan on doing more track days then I have in the past, and didnt want the hassles of not having enough protection.... or a suit that hindered my movement on the bike. So I went with the Joe Rocket Speedmaster 5.0 suit from newenough.com it was a 1k race suit now going for 797.28 to my door. Size 44 is the size I picked. I was on the edge of measurements for the size 42 they offered. The other suits I looked a,t that you all posted where hits and misses on my own measurements, where the Joe Rocket was 90% the way there. Ill let you know how it fits when it arrives. Again thanks all for trying to help!!!:thumbsup::bowdown:

Last edited:
Sorry for the picture not being rotated! The new suit!

P1010012.jpg

nice suit. My 35 y/o leather jacket is falling apart. I am looking at getting a joe rocket sonic 2.0 jacket from new enough. I only do street riding at the present time. I may at some time order the joe rocket ballistic leather pants, but it's hot in FL during the summer
and wonder how I would remove the sweat and body oils from leather. Also, don't want to look like I want to drag race at every light.
My other alternative would be the joe rocket riding jeans( I assume they can be washed. Any opinons on those for conservative street riding use?
I would appreicate repsones from members that have experience with these products.
Thanks, Mike

Last edited:
the fit of that suit on you is spot on! :thumbsup:

Mike, I just sold a JR SONIC 2.0 (non-perf). Liked that jacket a lot, leather was buttery soft and style was not TOO "bike-specific"

Last edited:
Back