Question about 1 piece leather suits

One

Banned
I have never owned a 1 piece leather suit but am thinking of getting one for everyday riding.

My question is:

1. Will I look like a fool or feel out of place in a one piece leather suit during the summer time when it is hot and the sun is beating down?

2. How hot do one piece leather suits get?

Here is a pic of the one piece i am thinking of getting.
KXP.jpg

The only good thing about a suit is it offers a bit better protection around the midsection that a two piece. One piece is a ***** to get on and off it it fits properly. You'll be much happier with a two piece (be sure to get a 360 degree sipper) for street riding.

If the black panels are breathable panels, that should ventilate good. Wouldn't be any hotter than a 2 piece leather jacket and pants.

My experience has been its hot when you're stopped at a light, but when you're moving the airflow makes a big difference.

But once it gets around 90 degrees, its hot no matter what you wear. Even on 96 degree days, working out my body at a trackday, I still where the leather. :beerchug: But I perfer the 2 piece because you can take the jacket off quick and easy.

Last edited:
I wear a two piece too. Leather can shield you from the heat to some extent, so they are not as hot as one might think. I wear perferated leathers and they help move some air.

The only good thing about a suit is it offers a bit better protection around the midsection that a two piece. One piece is a ***** to get on and off it it fits properly. You'll be much happier with a two piece (be sure to get a 360 degree sipper) for street riding.

+100
My exact thoughts about my Fieldsheer 1 piece.
Just got a Fieldsheer 2 pc suit last week and it is the shiz for everyday street riding. All the protection and none of the hassles.
I'll still use my 1 pc for track days and those afternoon/evening "balls to the wall" out and backs that don't include resturaunt stops or more than one bathroom break.
As for heat, if it's a ventilated suit, that shouldn't be any more of a problem than a regular leather jacket.

The truth about a one piece giving better perfection around the middle section, or more concisely, the area of concern,, the zipper is that is all depends on the manufacture that constructs the suit. There is no replacing quality and what it costs to bring that quality home with you.

DON"T BUY CRAP! Spend some time and spend the extra money to get the quality!

Two piece suits are for the track. Some wear them on the streets, but when you want to pull over with your buds and chill,,, instead of taken unzipping the jacket and removing it,,, you have to wrestle to get it off,, and then end up tying the sleeves together in a knot in front of you. You end up walking around like the Michelin Man.

Get the tightest fitting, highest end two piece your money can buy! I own a two piece Dianese M4,, and it was like they tailored it for me,, right in Italy! :laugh:

The rule; buy second rate - buy twice when the second rate fails. Buy first rate and except top notch quality first time through!

my concern with getting a one piece has been fitment. I mean, its hard enough to get a jacket that fits you in the chest, neck, and sleeve length. Throw in getting the inseam for your legs right along with getting it right at the waist, and I almost think that a lot of people would have to get something tailor made to get it to fit properly.

my concern with getting a one piece has been fitment. I mean, its hard enough to get a jacket that fits you in the chest, neck, and sleeve length. Throw in getting the inseam for your legs right along with getting it right at the waist, and I almost think that a lot of people would have to get something tailor made to get it to fit properly.

And with this concern, more people than none I see out there have ill-fitted suits. The worst thing you can have in a crash is a bellowing suit or material that can catch on debris or rear sets, handle bars, etc., etc.

Vanson tailor fits at M/C shows. The one thing you do have in your favour,, unless you are extremely over weight,, is that you can diet and lose extra pounds to get into a better fitting suit. Each person is different. I hope this helps a bit(?):whistle:

Komodo make a good product. After riding last summer with a Komodo K-LT one piece, I would highly suggest a perforated two-piece for the street. I carry a rain jacket with me if I think it might get cold in the evening. I put that on over my leathers to keep me dry and warm.

I one-piece is more comfortable to me, but it is a pain when I stop for a break.

I just got a new RC-1 alpinestars 2 piece and really like it.

I own an Alpinestars Octane 1 piece. I absolutely love it. Extremely breathable, great protection (ask me how I know), etc. I mainly use it for trackdays but I have used it around town occasionally, but ALWAYS when I hit the canyons. It's not bad around town, but just like Charles sez, If you're doing lots of stop and go riding, it'll get pretty hot. I live in the desert where we always see 100+ degree temps and it really doesn't bother me at all.

Another tip: get nice form fitting compression underwear like "Under Armour." Get a long sleeve top and a long pant compression bottom. Even if you sweat perfusely like I do, the suit will come off as if you were "Buttered up."

I have the 1 PC Komodo and I love the perforated parts they have built into it, I just got it last year and wore it all summer and MD gets pretty hot and humid...but the perforated front panels helped alot...you will find many many opinions, suffice it to say gear is better than no gear so go with what you feel you will like most.
But Komodo does make really good 1 pc suits...

Perferated is the way to go for hot climates. You'll catch some stares but not nearly the ones you'll catch with the road rash. :thumbsup:

Does anyone have a one piece who does regular riding that likes their onepiece?

Ive got an Alpinestars rc1 one piece perf. suit. When Im going out for a real ride for a cple of hours or so. I wear that along with my sidi boots helmet and gloves. A lot of times in the summer I wear an undersuit which does help a lot with getting it on and off. As for heat. B.S. Its not that hot at all. I mean it is leather after all but it does not bother me when I ride. Besides I feel so much more secure in my one piece as opposed to my 2 piece selections. I dont really care what it looks like to anywone else. I dont ride or dress for anyone elses enjoyment or approval. I do it for me.

I only wear a one piece. I have a non-perforated Frank Thomas for Winter, & a custom Syed for the rest of the time. Komodo makes great stuff, I am really hard to fit so custom is the way to go for me $1500.

Does anyone have a one piece who does regular riding that likes their onepiece?

Many of us like our one-piece leathers for riding anywhere. It's great if you are spending most of your time riding. It can be a pain when you stop for lunch or dinner, and you need to find a way to get the upper body out of the way.

I prefer the two piece, I have the Kobe two piece preforated.:thumbsup: Maybe we should have another group buy for the newbies.

Back