Racial jokes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you change your name you might as well change all our names. We could start by calling Cap 1, then the next person 2, then the next 3. Oh, we better skip 13, might offend someone there. I think I'll be 32,567. Sounds good.

Spigga, if someone is offended by your name, they need to get a life and probably are a waste of carbon anyway. If my parents decided to name me "Moron" it would be my choice to change it, no one elses, regardless of who is offended by it.

Please keep your nick the way it is.

(PandaNin @ Oct. 14 2006,00:53) If you change your name you might as well change all our names.  We could start by calling Cap 1, then the next person 2, then the next 3.  Oh, we better skip 13, might offend someone there.  I think I'll be 32,567.  Sounds good.

Spigga, if someone is offended by your name, they need to get a life and probably are a waste of carbon anyway.  If my parents decided to name me "Moron" it would be my choice to change it, no one elses, regardless of who is offended by it.  

beerchug.gif

Hey, is it me or have the pages gotten longer? 42 posts (some of which are lengthy) and all on the first page.

Changed my mind, My original response would have taken this in a whole new direction.

I don't care one way or the other as Racism is a non issue to me.

I'm just really really really tired of everybody trying to protect someone's "feelings"

Toughen up and use your head. If you're a fat bald guy get ready for a joke or two with your name on it. Don't like it? tough, your fat and bald, it's gonna happen! either lose weight or hit the carpet factory and glue a remnant to your scalp.

(MoosesBusa @ Oct. 14 2006,00:25) Changed my mind, My original response would have taken this in a whole new direction.

I don't care one way or the other as Racism is a non issue to me.

I'm just really really really tired of everybody trying to protect someone's "feelings"

Toughen up and use your head. If you're a fat bald guy get ready for a joke or two with your name on it. Don't like it? tough, your fat and bald, it's gonna happen! either lose weight or hit the carpet factory and glue a remnant to your scalp.
laugh.gif

I love this place...

(PandaNin @ Oct. 13 2006,23:53) Spigga, if someone is offended by your name, they need to get a life and probably are a waste of carbon anyway.  If my parents decided to name me "Moron" it would be my choice to change it, no one elses, regardless of who is offended by it.  

I am offended by his name, and as I stated, I think it's in poor taste. It is however, not for me to decide how a guy is comfortable being described. He asked, so I told him. If that makes me a waste of carbon, then so be it.
There is a difference between what your parents name you, and how you see yourself. If you can't tell the diference between the two, maybe your parents should have named you what you suggested........

The amazing part is threads like this seem to brew more trouble than the most of the jokes in question. The Moderators do a pretty good job of removing the obvious offensive stuff. Re-read the posts in this topic from the moderators.

One of the best sentences in the whole thread. By MC Mustang:

<span style='color:darkblue'>“No one wants this to be a completely sterile environment - but it does need to be an environment where all members feel welcomeâ€￾</span>

I think it is time to close this one, I don’t see it going anywhere but further downhill from here. I think we got a pretty broad range of opinions that pretty much covers the topic. Feel free to PM one of us if you feel something needs to be brought to our attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back