Raced a

Which is really strange cause its really a Porsche-Davidson.
wow.gif
laugh.gif

Great story! I was going down the street last week and I noticed a sportster coming down the street at me. I figured he wouldn't wave cause most HD riders here don't wave at a sportbike. He must thought he was cool riding with a cig in his mouth. Soon as he got next to me, he looked at me, pulled the clutch in, and started revving the engine. I busted up laughing and just shook my head at him. Another funny thing, the HD dealer here is also a Suzuki dealer. Talk about ironic!

Sittin at a light yesterday....waitin for the green, and some dude on a built softail Custom HD pulls up beside me.
Him: Nice Bike...Is it fast.
Me: It's OK
Him: How many CC
Me: 1300
Him: Wanna Go
Me: almost lmao......uuuhhhh, OK

Guy leaves real hard, bike jumpin all over the place like it's havin a hard time hooking up er something...all kinds of noise, and me right beside him...just playin around with him.
Get to 7k in second.....and he's right beside me.......cuz that's where I want him of course.......wack the throttle open and pull a 200' wheelie and left the poor poser standin like an ol' lady at a  bus stop.......stop at the next light.......1/2 mile up the road, and the dude says....lets go again.....I had ya for the first few hundred feet!!!
I'm thinkin to myself.......Yer kidding right....YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING, but NO.....he starts revvin his poop up gettin ready to go again.
This time....no messin around.....get down low....right foot on the ground......gettin ready to rip this dude a new azzhole.
Leave hard........get to about 6k in first and the bike comes up hard.......smacked it into second on the back wheel with him about 300' behind me now and didn't let off till 140mph.
Poor sucka was so far behind at this time, he thought he was first.
Stopped at the next light again about 2 miles up the road, and here he is again pullin up beside me.
Holy poop he says!!! what is that thing??
It's a Busa I say.
A Busa......what the hell is that.
It's a Suzuki sportbike, I tell him
FU!@ it's insane....how do ya hold on....I have a hard time holdin on to mine.....and you just killed me he says.
Just shrugged my shoulders, smiled and took off.

Not that I'm proud of adding this slow dog of a bike to the waxed list, but just thought it was funny!!!
LOL!!!! thats the greatest story I've heard in a while. 20 bucks says next time he's with his Hardly buds he'll say he hung wit'cha. Got a vid for ya though I'll be back in a few.

When I had my V-Rod it was 50/50 on Harley people liking the ride. Many old shcool Harley owners just didn't like change, but they always had to come up and look at my bike. Here she is.

DSCF0732.JPG

Nice kill MSF. What a NumNut to think he could take on a Busa. Hopefully he learned that HD's are all noise and no action.

motorcycle_a.gif

Funny story MSF!  
laugh.gif

Gotta add something here...being around the Harley riders as I am, I think I can say with a good amount of certainty that many HD guys don't know anything about sport bikes...they don't look at them, they don't read about them, they don't know one from another on the streets...there are certainly exceptions, as shown by the number of HD/Busa guys we have here on h.org...

Those die hard HD guys have blinders on...if it doesn't have that familiar HD orange badge on it, they don't even give it a second thought!  
biggrin.gif

My husband is an avid fan of all things fast...I mean, he knows about every concept car coming out, who's got the land speed record this year, hell, even what's the latest and greatest heading in to space!  He's also a Harley guy, and he had never heard of the Hayabusa when I first told him about it...it's funny to see how he's "evolved"
tounge.gif
since I bought Caesar.  Now he approaches other HD guys and talks all about my Busa!  He's educating them one at a time...

You just ran across an "un-enlightened one" MSF!  Poor guy...probably never saw it coming!  
laugh.gif

cool.gif
I ride with the HD boys often too, but these ones know better than the one I encountered Sunday.......one of them actually rode my bike last week.......I thought he'd come back, and say it sucks.....but instead he loved it......too funny!!

laugh.gif

Nice going, MSF..

I know a guy with a BMW 1200 (saddle bags, electronic cruise control, heated grips, heated vest, the whole works).  So, we're talking about his bike and my '02.  Of course, the talk comes around to how fast we've had 'em up to.  He proudly states "130" and that was "plenty fast".  So you're thinking 'ok, that's cool'.. but wait.. remember, this is Canada.. that's KPH, NOT MPH.. 130kph = approx 78MPH.. too funny!!
laugh.gif

Long live the 'busa!!
Wow......130 kph.......that is crazy......how did ya hold it in Hay???
tounge.gif
laugh.gif

Did ya feel you should
bowdown.gif
biggrin.gif

laugh.gif

I just purchased a 'Busa/ awaiting shipping from Ohio to Las Vegas.... another story on that but I know where the best deal on bikes are.. period!! After reading this thread I thought I'd tell a story. When i was about 14 or 15 my dad owned a Suzuki DR650. We went to a major hill climb event called Devil's Staircase in Ohio where I grew up. On the way back we were cruising down the highway and these guys on Harley's came up on us. My dad gunned it and we both leaned over as far as we could... as if it would help. This one guy on a Harley just went right past us and was making a waving motion as if to get around him. We were going around 100 or 105 and that was about all the DR650 was going to do. I just remember feeling humiliated even though I was a passenger. But in that moment out of nowhere came 4 sportbikes. Not sure what they were but were various new models. I sh*t you not, the leader of the sport bikes pulled up right next to us and gave a thumbs up and then, still going 100 or so with the Harley boys taunting us, he pulled a wheelie right past them and his other 3 buddies followed suit and just blew the doors off of them. It was the coolest thing I'd ever seen to that point. Thankfully the following year my dad bought a 1200 Bandit and we never had that problem ever again.
smile.gif

Poor saps. Too funny. A few weeks ago I lined up with a brand new Vette and thought "oh geez here I go again". But the dude knew better. He just smiled and said, "cool bike, hey man why don't you get on it for me when the light turns green". The light turned green, he waived, I moderately took off then pulled a nice wheelie and never saw him again. I'm glad he did not try to race me. I hate the pressure and do not want a ticket but I cannot let some moron think he can beat me either. I prefer a good roll-on ass whoopin' to a straight drag anyway. Nothing like pulling away hard from a retard in a Porsche or whatnot at triple digits.

interesting vid, Guy on the Busa was either waaaayyyyy late at the light or probably bracket racing where you have to give the other guy a head start. Pretty cool watching a HD stand up though.

P.S. Why does no one ever ever want to race me around here...arrrggghhhhh

<!--EDIT|Warrior58d
Reason for Edit: None given...|1083141030 -->

Back