R1000 crash

Brianejay

Registered
Couple an R1000 with an inexperienced rider that is 19 and "bulletproof".

Well, yesterday while changing my back tire out, my wife come into the garage and told me that "Brandon" had just died taking a corner too fast. He went under a truck...it was instant and at least didnt feel anything.

You've all heard the stories. "Thats alot of bike....Man...but you shure do look cool" We all told him, and a friend still helped him get the bike. I even warned him about corners....what 19 year old listens to advice anyway.

If you are young and thinking about a first bike, please consider getting one that you can learn on instead of something out of your league....leave your ego at home!

Exactly why I tell guys, start out on the 600. You hear guys say I started out on a 1000 and I was fine, well do we always hear about the guys who are killed days after purchasing a 1000cc+ bike with zero riding experience.

Also I guess you can still get messed up taking a curve too fast on a 500, so ultimately it will come down to rider and his/her respect for their machine.

There still is that factor of error, which bigger cc bikes allow for less mistakes between throttle, clutch and break activity.

Sad to hear I pray his family is at peace.

Geez ... prayers for him and his family. And, yeah, a 600 will get you into that kind of trouble just as quickly. Leave all the racing and high speeds for the track. But even that doesn't guarantee your safety; however, it sure gives you a much better chance.

Very sad indeed...
sad.gif
sad.gif

sad.gif

my first bike was a CB 350 and I hit a car when it left turned in front of me. respect the bike, whatever the size, and you'll live longer on it.
super.gif

Prayers go out to the family! Very sad to hear!
sad.gif

Keep your brains plugged in when you ride folks. 19 is far to young to not be able to learn from your mistakes anymore.

Doug

Back