ASK Powersports - Service Employee Killed

mvanlone

Registered
Columbus, Ohio

For those that knew Brandon, 24 year old (I still call him a kid) that works at Ask Powersports off Bryce Road branch died today. My wife and I was going to Ask to look around and we seen a big area of tape that blocked the road. Way before you get to sears side, right after that car dealership on the right I think it is called Acura dealership. I stopped and my wife and I got off our bikes and went to see what was going on. We were told that his bike hit the back of the car. But the fact is....I "think" what happen is the someone pulled out of the Acura dealership while Brandon was speeding down the road (posted 35) upwards to 90 MPH. I clearly seen the bike and the whole front forks was torn from the frame. I think there was 3 pieces. He hit the left driver side back corner panel right next to bumper....you can tell that with the way the force of impact the car obviously was turning for him to hit it where the force of impact was. He died instantly. I did not see his body. Seen both shoes and his helmet on the ground. Did not see the person that caused the accident of pulling out in front (I am sure at that speed some blame to Brandon as well). They must had taken person from the scene of the accident. I eventually arrived to Ask Powersports and they confirmed to me that it was brandon. I was told that he has a 3 yr old. I did not know him well. I believe that he had a Suzuki GSX 600 cannot confirm though. It really bothered me and wife to see this for some reason. I HATE seeing young kids die in these circumstances. Please young riders, DON'T ride 90 MPH on any area that is posted 35 MPH.....these people can't see you coming until it is too late. I pray for him, his family and the child that he had left behind.

Last edited:
Man, what a shame. Too much speed in an area designed for test drives. That's the place where I bought my busa from 5 years ago.

RIP little brother...:unhappy:

Use COMMON Sense Fellow Riders !!!!!!!!!!!! There is a Time to Go FAST and there is a Time to Use that Thing Between Your Ears !!!!!!!!!!!

RIP. SO SAD !!!!!!!!!

Found the news info:

COLUMBUS, Ohio--The Columbus Division of Police were called to scene of a fatal accident that occurred on Brice Road and Scarborough Boulevard Saturday morning around 9:40 a.m. Witnesses tell NBC 4 crews that a motorcycle was traveling westbound on Scarborough Boulevard at a high rate of speed when a car pulled out of the Lindsay Accura Dealership. The motorcycle struck the back of the vehicle as it changed lanes.The cyclist was transported to Grant Hospital where he died from his injuries. Police identified the motorcyclist as Brandon L. Cole, 23. He was wearing a helmet.

Columbus, Ohio

For those that knew Brandon, 24 year old (I still call him a kid) that works at Ask Powersports off Bryce Road branch died today. My wife and I was going to Ask to look around and we seen a big area of tape that blocked the road. Way before you get to sears side, right after that car dealership on the right I think it is called Acura dealership. I stopped and my wife and I got off our bikes and went to see what was going on. We were told that his bike hit the back of the car. But the fact is....I "think" what happen is the someone pulled out of the Acura dealership while Brandon was speeding down the road (posted 35) upwards to 90 MPH. I clearly seen the bike and the whole front forks was torn from the frame. I think there was 3 pieces. He hit the left driver side back corner panel right next to bumper....you can tell that with the way the force of impact the car obviously was turning for him to hit it where the force of impact was. He died instantly. I did not see his body. Seen both shoes and his helmet on the ground. Did not see the person that caused the accident of pulling out in front (I am sure at that speed some blame to Brandon as well). They must had taken person from the scene of the accident. I eventually arrived to Ask Powersports and they confirmed to me that it was brandon. I was told that he has a 3 yr old. I did not know him well. I believe that he had a Suzuki GSX 600 cannot confirm though. It really bothered me and wife to see this for some reason. I HATE seeing young kids die in these circumstances. Please young riders, DON'T ride 90 MPH on any area that is posted 35 MPH.....these people can't see you coming until it is too late. I pray for him, his family and the child that he had left behind.

RIP.

People have an expectation that if you're on a 35mph street, you're going about that speed, not over double that speed. It's tough to tell that you're going so fast, especially and more particularly if you're on a motorcycle.

It's not entirely behond the realm of expectation to think that the car pulled out thinking he still had time to clear the bike and most likely would have if the bike had been travelling 35 or 40 mph.

Off my soapbox. My condolences to the family.

--Wag--

I really hate to hear about this. My bike came from Ask in Grove City. All the people there were really decent and tried to help me all they could. Even though I didn't know Brandon it hurts to think of the loss all who know him will feel.

IF they even seen Brandon at all. 90 MPH covers alot of distance in a short time. I also heard that this person that was involved was a foreigner and not a US citizen.

RIP.

People have an expectation that if you're on a 35mph street, you're going about that speed, not over double that speed. It's tough to tell that you're going so fast, especially and more particularly if you're on a motorcycle.

It's not entirely behond the realm of expectation to think that the car pulled out thinking he still had time to clear the bike and most likely would have if the bike had been travelling 35 or 40 mph.

Off my soapbox. My condolences to the family.

--Wag--

Back