QUICK STAND

Not for me.
My bike is already leaned when on the sidestand. Why would I want to lean it further?

...and with the bike leaned over, how are you supposed to clean and lube the chain? Are you going to lay on your back? Let's say you do lay on your back without issue. What are you going to do when the bike that is over extended into a lean crashes down on top of you.
Did you even look at the website pictures of it in use?
dunno.gif
This 'lean' you speak of does not exist. The bike is very stable in my direct experience over thousands of touring miles where I used it daily for lubing the chain after the day's ride. No laying on your back required
umnik.gif
I swear!

Had one for my 99' silver/copper and use it to clean and lube chain all the time...no issue what's so ever. Pretty good for 30 bucks I may add.

I made something like the "quick stand" from a piece of wood, notched at the top to fit the spool, and some rubber bands. The rubber bands are attached to the spool and the wood and are used to pull the wood into the bike's centerline when I lift it onto the side stand. Use another rubber band or two on the front brake to secure the front wheel and keep it from rolling. For added convenience, I attach a piece of string to the wood and pull gently on it when I lift the bike another inch onto the side stand after the chain is cleaned and lubed. This has worked for me for the past 18 months with no problems.

I would buy the center stand and take it off when not traveling. I know its a little pricey but IMHO much safer and more practical for doing different tasks.
center stands only work for those with stock exhaust though...  nifty little contraption.  Thanks for the link!
Ahem...
Ahem...
whistling.gif

poke.gif

<a href="http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2744605360102950911neHFMB">Webshots.com Links Do Not Work

cheers
ken

OK-I placed an order for one. I've got a few long-distance trips planned this summer and I'm hoping this little device will help in lubing the chain while on the road. Probably better than pushing the bike across the motel parking lot leaving a trail of chain lube behind me!!!
laugh.gif

Back